1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Ringtones disappearing on reboot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MTC, May 16, 2010.

1. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    How come every time I reboot my phone, my ringtones that I have created and set disappear? I use rings extended to change my notification ringtone and I use the stock ringtone maker in the music app that comes with the phone.

Advertisement

2. s0nic69

s0nic69 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Computer/Network administrator
    Station Square
    im getting this problem too. what i did is i grabbed the edited song and moved it to another folder in my sd card and it seems to keep the ringtone now.

MTC likes this.
  3. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    ill give that a try. thanks.

4. all.about.it

all.about.it New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    I also had this problem- really too bad. Here's an additional explanation for anyone looking it up:

Upon reset, the trimmed ringtones were not deleted, you just have to find them and move them for the phone to always "see" them on reset. I found the trimmed ringtones under folder .ringtonetrimmer, ringtones

I copied all the trimmed ringtones and moved them into a new folder (I called the new folder "RINGERS") in the phone's MP3 folder.

Now... As far as accessing these: I have lots of music on my SD card, so I wanted these all easy to find in HTC's music player where you set the ringtones. On my computer, I set the "album" of all the ringtones as "RINGER" so I can easily find them in the music player under that "album". Yeah, I had to involve the computer, but I'll probably just trim everything in bulk and only do this rarely.

**important message though: your tones are still there, so you don't have to create them all over again if you find them "missing" on reset :)

5. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Hey I'm glad you responded today! I was just about to post on here again because it just happened to me again. Ok so I rebooted and they all deleted or got unset again. How do ifind them? are they on the internal storage? I don't see them on my sd card. How would I go about finding them?

6. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    well i've searched everywhere and i can't find the trimmed ringtones. I've only searched the sd card. How do you search on the phone for them?