1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Ringtones in Root

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by dwh_72, Nov 12, 2010.

1. dwh_72

dwh_72 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    How do I get my custom ringtones from rooted media folder to show up in selection menus?

I am rooted and have successfully copied .ogg .wav or .mp3 ringtones to system/media/audio/ringtones, notifications or alarms folders. I can even play them from those folders on press.

My hassle is I am not able to select these as my tones. They don't show up in the menus. I want them in the root because if I am connected to my pc and an email/text/call comes in that is assigned a Custom tone on sd, then my tones revert back to a default tone and I have to reset them all when i disconnect from pc

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    I think they have to be on the sd card to be used as ringtones.

3. dwh_72

dwh_72 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Sounds like a flaw in the engineering department somewhat. There should at least be some setting or usage that can get around this. Did Samsung/Android forget that sometimes people do get messages and calls when they are connected to their computer?

4. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Im actually pretty sure that even when connected to a computer, you will hear whatever ringtone is selected, even if its on the card.

5. dwh_72

dwh_72 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    no... if i leave my tones on sd and if i dont get any messages then after i disconnect from computer they will remain as i chose but if i get any messages while connected then i will have to reset all of them