• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ringtones keep setting themselves

I am having a bit of an issue with my ringtones. I have put them in the media/audio/ringtones or notification folder the problem I'm having is this

I will set say my wife to one ringtone then my basic phone ringtone to something else. When my phone rings sometimes they are correct sometimes they are switched... it seems to happen randomly either when I power cycle or plug it into my computer (mass storage or charge only it doesn't matter) this phone is awesome but its these little problems that are getting to me. Charging through usb 2.0 takes forever I will have it plugged in for five or so hours and only get 5%

The phone while I am using it will get upwards of 118 f

The ringtones are my biggest annoyance. I wish that the ringtone selection was more like my bb... if there is some app out there that will enable me to set everything in one damn place and actually work then I want it

it charges just fine if I use the wall charger, but USB doesn't charge hardly at all.

I'm going back tomorrow to tell them to give me another, I've only had it just over two weeks and there is no way I'm accepting one mailed to me that's been refurbed.

How do I backup everything on the phone? I'm so used to BB Desktop manager and I've not been able to find something like this for this phone. I've heard of titanium backup? does that do what I need... even if it just backs everything up to the SD card.

Also the purchased apps? are they linked to my ESN? or... do I just backup and reinstall?

sorry for the noob questions, I'm still used to having to change my pin everytime I get a new device.

Upvote 0
Titanium backup is what I'd recommend. In addition to backing up data, it lets you freeze files, like for bloatware apps that you don't want running. The purchased apps are linked to your google account. Whatever phone you sign into next will automatically redownload them.

Also, USB charge times are about double standard charge times, but your sounds way off, as do the temps. My battery only gets that hot while charging and under heavy use. Then SetCPU kicks in and throttles my speed back to 600MHz, to keep temps from rising. Your phone is EATING up battery, that's why it gets so hot, and a USB charger that only provides 500mA (vs a wall charger's 850mA) can barely keep up with it. Especially when it's that hot. The hotter a battery gets, the faster it discharges, and the slower it recharges. It's a nasty cycle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones