1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ringtones Keep Slipping to Others

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MerpsMom, Jan 10, 2012.

1. MerpsMom

MerpsMom Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Picture Framer
    Midwest
    My Epic doesn't always keep the ringtones I've assigned for things. My default ringtone is Angry Birds and now I'm getting some weird other noise. And I think my chosen notification text sound is not playing sometimes.

Am I missing a step here? I go in through settings/sound/default phone ringtone and again, there is no green bullet in Angry Birds.

Ditto for the default notification sound for texts: no green button by my choice. Huh?

Any help here?

MM

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Do you have any 3rd party ringtone / wallpaper apps installed that could be causing conflicts? My phone works perfectly fine and I use no 3rd party ringtone apps.

3. MerpsMom

MerpsMom Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Picture Framer
    Midwest
    I'm sorry that I don't know what you mean by third party ringtones. Anything I get outside of the stock tones is from Zedge and it always shows up in my Settings/Sounds along with all the ringtones in the phone when I got it?

I'll run a test on it tomorrow by asking someone without a special ring to call me. If it's Angry Birds, it'll be working. If it's a weirdo, I'm nailed again. :thinking:

4. tranova

tranova Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    the only person that i have an assigned ringtone for is my boyfriend and everyone else's is the same. i also have zedge and sometimes my boyfriend's ringtone will be the same as the rest of my contacts, almost like the phone can't catch up with itself. i haven't found a way to correct this problem yet but it only rarely happens.