• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hey everyone

i see other posts about ringtones but here is an interesting quesiton. i found a few ringtones from sites like funformobile.com and waptrick.com. i go there on my eris. my quesiton is this. how do i download the ringtone i want to my sd card? there is no way to save it. if i click download, it starts playing in the media player.

if that doesnt work try installing ringdroid from the market place. it lets you create your own ringtones from songs that you have downloaded. it allows you to choose the exact part of the song you want, its freakin awesome. one of my favorite apps. its so nice to be able to make a ringtone out of whichever of the 2000+ songs i have on my phone lol

Upvote 0
if that doesnt work try installing ringdroid from the market place. it lets you create your own ringtones from songs that you have downloaded. it allows you to choose the exact part of the song you want, its freakin awesome. one of my favorite apps. its so nice to be able to make a ringtone out of whichever of the 2000+ songs i have on my phone lol

You can do this from the stock music player in 2.1 as well.

Upvote 0
You can do this from the stock music player in 2.1 as well.

I don't see how to do that either. What trick do you have up your vampirical sleeve?

Edit: menu > set as ringtone. Jeez, how much more obvious do you want it to be??

Edit Jr: OK, I still don't see how to select just a section of the song. OTD, you may need to draw me a picture or something.

Upvote 0
just checked that before i posted the other reply. i couldnt find a way. long press on a song pops up with play, add to playlist, and delete

I don't see how to do that either. What trick do you have up your vampirical sleeve?

Edit: menu > set as ringtone. Jeez, how much more obvious do you want it to be??

Edit Jr: OK, I still don't see how to select just a section of the song. OTD, you may need to draw me a picture or something.

Sorry, I missed this guys. I just went to look and it isn't there on 2.1 V2. It was in there on 2.1 V1, but now it is gone. Ringtone Trimmer still shows in applications under settings, but you can't access the option from the media player. Maybe it is in there someplace else now.

EDIT: Well, I've lost my mind apparently. I went back into it for another song and it is there. Maybe it was just the song I was listening to at the time. Anyway, if you are listening to a song and want to trim it down to set as a ringtone just hit the menu button and then set as ringtone. You will then get a little pop up and Trim the Ringtone should be one of the options. You can then trim and set it from the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones