• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtones

crooker

Lurker
Jun 20, 2011
it-guy.net
I own a Samsung Galaxy Captivate (Rogers) I896. I have the newest available firmware update and am running 2.3.3. It is not rooted (although it was before the last update).

Since I got the phone, I have ALWAYS had problems keeping ringtones active on my phone. I use custom .mp3 ringtones, which I keep stored on the internal memory card "/mnt/sdcard/media/ringtones"

I am also using the Easy Profiles Pro application which changes my profile based on certain criteria.

Everything works fine... but if I reset the phone or reboot.. I ALWAYS lose my ringtone settings (both in Easy Profiles Pro, and the Android system settings). It just forgets what I had set.

It's been almost a year, and It's really starting to grind my gears.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas how I can finally solve this annoyance? Or am I forever cursed with it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones