1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RIP my wonderful N1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lattelady, May 25, 2011.

1. lattelady

lattelady Lurker

:( 2.3.4 ota to my Nexus One & it decided to have home screen problems & keep resetting the date to 1980!!! 2 days later, a paperweight! No one will take responsibility: bought via Google's webstore so TMo says sorry. HTC says warranty is 1 yr so sorry Google sent the ota, who will you contact there???? The phone was stock os & working perfectly. We own this phone because we want the latest os or to root & rom, why wouldn't I run the pushed update??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It could be that the OTA and the problems are just coincidental. The symptoms you describe sound like failing memory, which could be an SD card. If it is internal to the phone, HTC might be able to replace it for a fee, after all it is out of warranty.

Be a little more specific about the problem. Can you power on at all? Any boot animation? If you plug into USB does it show charging and does the PC recognize it?

Some things to try:

Boot without SD or SIM card.

Let phone sit overnight without the battery.

Hard reset the phone:

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews