1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

RIP Old Friend

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jradicle11, Jul 9, 2011.

?

Which Device?

1. Droid 3

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Droid X2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Droid Incredible 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Droid Charge

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. Xperia Play

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. HTC Thunderbolt

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. iPhone 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Illinois
    My Droid 2 was my baby. It lasted over a year with numerous drops on concrete from pretty big heights. Unfortunately, today, July 9th, 2011, at approximately 2:15pm central time, my droid 2 drowned. See, I am a lifeguard at a water park and they like to throw in dolls/mannequins to make sure you're paying attention. They decided to throw in Timmy, the mannequin, in my zone. I whistled, jumped in, and grabbed Timmy in the allotted time. An hour later, three rotations had passed. I was walking and noticed something heavy in my pocket... Yep, I had forgotten to take my phone out of my pocket before I went out to guard. My phone had definitely seen better days.

Although, I am not entirely sure whether or not my phone is actually a goner. It is currently in a bowl of rice atop my dehumidifier. Hopefully tomorrow morning it'll turn back on and be right back to its old self, though the chances are slim.

I am now assuming the worst. This is where I ask for help. Most likely, I will need a new phone. My carrier is Verizon and I'm leaning towards the white iPhone 4, just kidding. Which phone do you guys suggest? I guess the Samsung Charge, Droid 3, Droid X2, HTC Thunderbolt, and Droid Incredible 2 are all options, though I could be forgetting some.

Advertisement

2. _mw_

_mw_ Android Enthusiast
    None

[​IMG]

With that out of the way I would suspect that if your Droid 2 was your baby, then the Droid 3 is the most logical choice. Unless you suddenly stopped liking physical keyboards, like a real lifeguard...er, man... er... no, physical keyboards are cool. Muahah. ;)

3. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Illinois
    There is nothing wrong with physical keyboards! It's makes it way easier for me to be able to text without looking at my phone. Unfortunately the Droid 3 doesn't come out in stores till the 14th? Yet... It's available online...

4. _mw_

_mw_ Android Enthusiast
    None

I'm just pushing buttons. ;) I prefer virtual, but I'm all for what works best which is why I'm suggesting you upgrade with what you already know you like.

5. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    to be honest I'd go with the Xperia Play, Droid Charge, or Droid 3. just try them out in store and see which one you like the most.

6. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Ive had a few androids with physical keyboards, yet none without a virtual one

7. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Illinois
    If I get a phone, decide I don't like it, and then want to exchange it for a new one, what is the fee I would incur? Just like a $30 restocking fee? I'm thinking about getting a phone, since I'm going on vacation soon and would like a nice phone to have, mainly for the gps, and then maybe switching to the Droid 3. I'm leaving before the Droid 3 is actually released in stores.

8. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

$35 restocking fee, within 14 days.

9. kkovach

kkovach Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    I'd make Timmy buy you a new phone for saving his life!

10. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Illinois
    Agreed.

Due to me needing a new phone soon, within the next 3 days, I may just buy a Charge or Thunderbolt as those are the only two I feel comfortable with as competitors. They're a bit pricey but maybe I can get Verizon to throw me a deal seeing as I haven't upgraded in close to 4 years. If I do not like it, I will pay the restocking fee and switch to the Droid 3.