1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RIP Robin Williams, 63

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rootabaga, Aug 11, 2014.

1. rootabaga

rootabaga Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

How tragic... He was one of my favorite actors. :(

rootabaga likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

:(
    I am thinking of watching this now.

[​IMG]

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i love that movie.....how perfect that is.....i have not seen in a while. great suggestion luna.

well at least for everyone else here is an evening with robin williams:

5. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

One of my favs! He was so funny! I guess I'll go home and watch Mrs doubtfire or patch Adams.

6. xry75

xry75 Well-Known Member

We will miss him very much.

Granite1 likes this.
  7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

No, so bummed out right now. :(

What Dreams May Come is an awesome movie. I grew up watching Mork and Mindy, loved that show.

Such a bright man, no wonder his candle burned out so soon.

Lordvincent 90, lunatic59 and ocnbrze like this.
  8. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Another tragic loss to suicide. When will people realize there's no shame in admitting they're depressed, and need help?

PS My best friend killed himself in September, 2007. This is personal to me.

rootabaga likes this.
  9. olbriar

olbriar  

There are few if any that share the level of his talent. Indeed a great loss.

10. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I think he had sought help for it. Unfortunately it was ineffective.

11. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

When i first saw it i automatically assumed hoax... Then i realized it was Fox News... Then CNN... Then the NY Times... RIP Robin. His body may be dead, but his spirit will live on for years through his movies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

rootabaga likes this.
  12. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

I was watching the news on KCAL 9 [local channel here in L.A., sister station is KCBS]--so I knew it wasn't a hoax. They almost immediately had coverage at Williams' star in Hollywood, where people were starting to gather.

13. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

It took me a good 10 minutes or so to realize it wasn't just a hoax. I heard that he was the subject of one just recently too, which makes it worse.

rootabaga likes this.
  14. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

Jumanji

My favorite movie as a kid.

15. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Very sad and tragic. :(
    Never watched The Crazy Ones, but just a little less than a year ago, he was on The Daily Show and looked pretty good, but did touch on past substance abuse.
    Robin Williams - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central
    Mrs. Doubtfire, great movie to watch growing up. And obviously loved Good Will Hunting.

16. Techlord

Techlord Android Enthusiast

Man I have been thinking about watching this movie for a while. Never get a chance. Hopefully I get to see it now. First time I watched it it blew my mind.

17. Techlord

Loved that movie "Jack" really funny.

rootabaga likes this.
  18. Blackflag4

Blackflag4 Well-Known Member

All of his movies are great. One hour photo was the dark side of his acting ability, but great none the less.

It is a shame when someone who has brought so much happiness to people all over the globe decides to give In to their own sadness. How can anyone cast so much light on others yet not be able to see through their own darkness.

This makes me very sad.. :(

19. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

There is a photo making the rounds on Instagram. It is post mortem and absolutely tasteless and disgusting. Reminds me of why I hate people sometimes. His daughter just deleted social accounts as well due to tons of hate comments.

So sad, society sometimes.

Robin will be missed, truly one of the funniest men alive for a time.

20. mrnyjet

mrnyjet Android Enthusiast

sorry to hear about your friend.
    it came out today, in NY post, that he also had early stage Alzheimer's. that must have fueled the depression. a tragic set of circumstances and tragic loss.

21. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter!

I thought it was Parkinsons

22. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

That's what the reports say

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  23. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Yes robin will be truly missed.

24. !on

!on Android Expert

Really sad about it. But strangely not 100% surprised. Even from watching Mork & Mindy, he seemed to have that 'happy / sad' face. Almost like that of a tearful clown. Now I dunno if there was a reason for that or that was just his facial expression. I would like to think it was just his expression as he had kept going for a long time. It would make me feel more sadness to learn otherwise especially as he was seemed such a nice bloke. RIP legend :( .

25. Techlord

Yes I noticed this as well. When I saw the commercials for it before it debuted he gave me that vibe of sadness covered by smiles. I could tell right away that he was depressed. I could tell that the show was not going to do well. It looked like he wasn't happy doing the show. Weird thing is that the night before he died I was talking to my brother about suicide and how some people can't deal with the pressures of life. Another more weird thing is that I have the same birthday as him :thinking: