1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Riptide GP Released! (A great Jet Moto/Wave Race type racing game)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by k3Ck, May 20, 2011.

1. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

Riptide GP just came out and it's awesome. It is for Tegra 2 phones and tabs or with Chainfire 3D. The game plays a lot like Jet Moto (PS1) and Wave Race (N64) with a little F-Zero speed thrown in.. You race, do stunts to earn boost, ect. Controls are great and pulling off stunts is pretty easy, just make sure you land them or you'll wipe out. There are a lot of tracks and jet skis to unlock, as well as lots of good achievements. This is one of the best racing games available right now. Check it out.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vectorunit.blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZcquSxny5k&hd=1

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Not available for me, probably tegra 2 only.

3. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

Bummer.

:(

I figured it would work on other phones because there's an option that lets you tweak the graphics a lot.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

And back on topic for the game we go....

5. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

It's great.

:D

Probably my favorite racing game thus far. It's flawless and feels like a console racer. I just unlocked every track and now I'm working on unlocking all the racers. I hope future updates bring more great stuff. Good job by the Hydro Thunder team.

6. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

Riptide + hdmi mirroring + HDTV = epic win :D

7. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Android Enthusiast

Does it have non-accelerometer steering controls?

8. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

No, but the controls with the accelerometer work great.

9. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Android Enthusiast

Unfortunately the advent vega's accelerometer does not work great! Racing games are pretty much a no-go on it as a result

10. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast

The accelerometer controls work really well for this game on the Xoom. Makes me want to pull out the old N64 and play some Wave Race. A great addition to the Tegra games list! Now, if only Galaxy on Fire 2 would hurry up and be released!

11. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

I wonder if this will run on the SGSII with Chainfire3D (some of the other Tegra II games will, for anyone unaware of this development!).

12. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

Try it and find out? Return it if it doesn't work.

13. NZtechfreak

Will do, but will now be tomorrow before I get to check this out.

14. k3Ck

k3Ck Well-Known Member

Good luck.

I just completed the game 100%. Took quite a few hours. I had a blast the whole way through. By far the best racing game on the Android Market.

:D

15. shaolin95

shaolin95 Well-Known Member

Works great on my Galaxy S with Chainfire3D ...nice game :)

16. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert

Looks awesome.... makes me wanna use my available upgrade to the DX2 so I can play tegra games like this.

17. daveloft

daveloft Android Enthusiast

Yeah works well on my Nexus S, same with Pinball HD and Samurai II using ChainFire3D. Unfortunately I could not get Bang Bang Racing to work as well.

B2L likes this.
  18. shaolin95

I think the Nvidia Physx thing might be an issue with Bang Bang Racing.

19. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Yep, the developer did say that they used physx, I very much doubt it would work on any other GPU's.

You have to wonder why they bothered using it on phones with dual core processors.

20. shaolin95

Your guess is as good as mine. Is not like they were doing Crysis. That stuff should easily be ported to any high end phone...oh well...their loss in sales.

21. B2L

B2L Android Expert

Thanks a ton for this info, i owe you big time. You just made me so happy. If i could thank you 50 million times i would.

22. taz92

taz92 Member

aww man this looks great. But I dont think it will work on my precious svo. I want to cry.

23. NZtechfreak

Not working for me on SGSII with CF3D sadly... Shame, its so good on my Tab! Anyone else tried on SGSII? I've seen one report that it is working, so I'm holding out some hope...