• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rmnet_data

lizgusdorff2

Lurker
Aug 17, 2018
Hi everyone. My first post here since I can't find any info on my problem.
I installed OS monitor and also ifconfig and noticed that I had 22 network interfaces Wich seems very strange. Some info I found is that it has something to do with USB tethering. I never connected my phone to a computer with usb. I never opened an hotspot on my phone either.
The interfaces are called rmnet_data0, rmnet_data1 and so on up to 7 and I also have interfaces called r_rmnet_data0 up to 8 and then there are rmnet_ipa0, dummy0, lo, sit0, and wlan0 the last ones I suppose should be there but all those rmnet and r_rmnet seems strange. Does anyone know what it is and why I have them. There doesn't seem to be any traffic running on them.
I should also mention that I have a VPN service installed and I change country some times to get other services that are not available in my country. And I have a Chromecast that I connect to.
Could anyone of them be causing this?
Hope someone knows, since I'm getting a little paranoid now.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones