1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

RoadSync vs. Touchdown

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markvallaster, Nov 3, 2009.

1. markvallaster

markvallaster Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Folks -- does anyone have an opinion on which email package is better, roadsync or touchdown? I have touchdown on the device now and while it works fine, its relatively slow and locks up a fair amount. The fact that Roadsync was developed by DataViz made me think it might work a bit better. I don't want to go through the pain and suffering of setting it up if it isn't better.

I actually wish the embedded app would work with exchange and then I wouldn't have to do any of this!!!! Anyone know when they are going to fix it?

Thanks in advance

mav

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Exchange is supported in 2.0 . hopefully you & others will get the update soon :D

3. markvallaster

markvallaster Member

Oct 29, 2009
    So how do we get it? I have heard that its out on the newer devices. are there any kitchen versions out there?

4. ianwelles

ianwelles New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Exchange is not really supported in 2.0. It is only partially supported in that if your IT has a security policy enabled you will not be able to connect or sync. I have been testing Roadsync and Touchdown today. Touchdown has a cool UI but I think I am leaning towards Roadsynch since it more closely mimics the Android UI for mail and calendar so provides a more consistent user experience across corporate and personal email.

5. Mobileum

Mobileum New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    TouchDown is the only one that can sync Tasks!

6. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
  7. SdP

SdP New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Can RoadSync carry 2 Microsoft Exchange accounts or is it like ToucDown that only allows one?

Tags: