1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Roam Control Question?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by exileofdreamz, Apr 13, 2012.

1. exileofdreamz

exileofdreamz Lurker

I Rooted My Samsung Epic 4g Touch, And Bought Roam Control And Installed It I Turned Roam Only On And Got The Triagle Popped Up...I'm Getting 3g Still...I Thought You Have To Do Something Else To Get 3g And It Was Only 1x? Am I On Verizons Network? How Do I Find Out

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Why are you forcing roaming?

Please be advised Sprint can and will terminate your contract, and charge you a $350 etf for too much roaming.

scary alien likes this.
  3. Andy in NY

Andy in NY Well-Known Member

sprint roams on verizon, but not 3g data in all markets. although it will still show 3g even though you are on the 1x network. use speedtest to determine your speed.

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

If your Sprint E4GT shows as roaming in the US, then yes, you're on the VZW network. I don't know if you can get 3G on VZW, but I have read about people who claim to have. I've only roamed once on my Sprint device, and that was in the mountains in PA, so I'd imagine that VZW didn't have 3G in that area, just like Sprint didn't. I was happy enough with 1X, Pandora still worked.

5. Andy in NY

Andy in NY Well-Known Member

i can say for a fact it roams on vzw's 3g network. however not in all markets. i know heres a prl you can program thats out there that forces it to the 3g network in all areas. it was originally pushed out to business users. thats what i have on mine. my first day with it i was roaming at home getting 1x speeds on speedtest. did the prl programming and voila, 3g. there is a signal app on the market that will tell you what network you are on. my phone displayed 3g, but the app identifyied the network as 1xrt.

6. exileofdreamz

exileofdreamz Lurker

I'm forcing roaming to get out of contract, i dont believe they can make me pay the ETF if they themselves terminate me, I'm using 00001 Prl so ive just been streaming netflix videos 24/7 and called my house phone for 5 hours a day so hopefully they'll terminate me should i be doing anything else?

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

I highly suggest you read your contract. What you're doing is illegal, its called fraud, and comes with complementary jailtime. Look it up.

8. Steven58

I'm going to close this thread. Fraud is a big no-no. I can't make you amend your ways, but I can advise that speaking about fraudulent things is a violation not only of Sprint's TOS, but our Android Forums' use policy.