1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Roam-Only [T-Mobile]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itistheowl, May 3, 2012.

1. itistheowl

itistheowl Lurker
    None

May 3, 2012
    Hi all,

I have attempted to work it out with T-Mobile since August, but this is like a bad cold that won't go away. It keeps inflicting its disgusting, snotty and irritating wrath upon me. I can't handle it anymore!

I was told, if I put my phone into permanent roaming that it's most likely that T-Mobile will get so frustrated and cancel my contract? Honestly, I would really appreciate that. My sister and I have HTC Sensations; we've had them traded in our phones in total ten times. It's the most frustrating process ever.

Anyway, I know that 'Roam Control,' 'Roam Override' and the other app are all for CDMA phones. I am wondering, are there any apps that will permanently place my phone in roam only mode?

So far, I have gone into "Wireless & Settings" turned Wi-Fi and Mobile-Network off. I went into "Mobile networks," checked "data roaming" and changed it to "Select automatically - automatically select preferred network."

Does anyone have a better suggestion? I really need to get out of this contraction. I can't afford paying the ETA fees, but I can't be with a phone that doesn't work. I have severe health problems and having a phone that doesn't work is potentially life-threatening.

I appreciate any advice that you can give me!

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Why would putting your phone in "roam mode" make T-Mo cancel your contract? Does your plan charge roaming fees? If so, wouldn't that benefit T-Mo?