• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Roaming on even I am local

Depends on what sort of roaming. What country, what operator are you with? Give the details, we're not mind readers.

So far I can see one possible scenario. You've set up the phone to use 2G networks only, whilst you operator is a pure 3G network that relies on another operator's 2G network. Which possibly is why you are roaming... And if this is the case your 3G operator will be very unhappy, because it actually pays for every minute you speak, every text you send and every byte of data you transfer while in roaming to the other operator.

Upvote 0
Here in Spain I see the same thing when using what we call here 'virtual mobile operators' (Simyo or Jazztel Movil, for instance). These operators don't have their own networks, use the network of some other 'real' operator (Orange for the former ones), and thus my Galaxy says I'm roaming all the time.

I guess this is just a secondary effect of the way in which virtual operators are implemented.

Shame on their technical support for not being aware of this.

In my case, when dragging down the notification bar, I get a 'Orange' line for the network I'm now connected to, and a second 'JAZZTEL' one for my SIM operator.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones