1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Roaming reception after wipe

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Granite1, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

I've been experiencing problems receiving calls after I factory reset / rooted. I only get roaming service at the house, could this have an impact on the setup?
    I went through this with my Hero, it's why I upgraded. I have an Airave I need to setup, just wondering if the initial setup is getting jacked because im roaming.
    I didn't notice any issues before I did the recommended factory reset prior to root. I'm about to cancel my service and go to verizon, I'd get 4 bars.
    Anyone ever have this issue, or hear about it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

What is your PRL? You can check it in the settings under software info.
    Some PRLs very strongly limit download speeds to something quite low. Its cheaper for sprint. However, i have noticed that sometimes while of roaming (and having great signal) i still miss calls, they go to voicemail.
    Im not sure why. But it hasnt done it lately

Granite1 likes this.
  3. Granite1

I have the latest prl and radios, just got this phone last week. My Hero did it bad, drove me nuts! I'm going to try to get that Airave to run, might fix it.

I get 2 to 4 bars in roaming here consistently, only 5% w/o signal at it's worst. Outgoing calls connect everytime, I get 3g data, text, and voicemails no problem.

I might unroot, then run the initial setup while I'm in Sprint service, see if that does anything.

Thanks again for the help guys!

4. Granite1

Who am I kidding I'm not going to unroot! :) unless I have to ;)

I updated the profile and prl again then rebooted. Tried to leave the thing sit for a little bit then I called it from the land line. 3 out of 5 attempts went through.

I'm at 19% w/o a signal, no wonder I'm not getting calls! I'll just get the Airave working and be done with this.

I did notice my android system was listed at 39% battery usage. Is this normal? It wasn't on my hero, but this a different piece.

5. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

Download an app called 'spare parts' and you can check specifically what is using the battery with that app under a the tab 'partial wake lock' 'since last unplugged'.
    Sometimes random things get hung up and you can see whats running.

Also, setting up the airrave will be ok while you are rooted. But while youre roaming, i dont know, youll have to ask customer service, but i dont see why it wouldnt work.
    Are you forcing your phone to roam or is it just in roaming at your house?

Get that airrave running, itll solve your problems. You will have maxxed outtttt sprint service :)

Granite1 likes this.
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

You might also consider updating your data profile the manual way. That seemed to help my time without signal. You want to make sure you are in a good reception area when doing so. ##3282#, Edit,Enter MSL, Data, Menu, Restore

if you are still rooted and need your msl you can get it via msl reader from the market.

Granite1 likes this.
  7. Granite1

I've got spare parts, didn't get anything in there. Probably just looking for reception.

I'm still rooted, I might give that manual update a try. I had my msl on my Hero, gonna have to get that app.

Thanks again guys, once I get a chance to try these fixes I'll post back.

8. Mr. Ed

Some have also rolled their prl back to prior versions for better roaming. I will have to go through my records and find it but there was one that was really good.

9. Granite1

Thanks Ed, I appreciate any support! Do you think I'll have any trouble rolling back to an older PRI with the newer hboot?

I still haven't had a chance to try the manual update yet. I've got 2 kids, and I'm working crazy side jobs (I got laid off last month). Don't exactly have alot of time on my hands. :D

O, btw.....Go Steelers!

10. Mr. Ed

Trust me I understand. We have been snowed in in Dallas...I thought I would have time to get some stuff done but noooooo...I have had a 9 yr old tugging at me all day hey daddy hey daddy lol

we had a blast tho

and no...I think you will be safe flashing older pri's

radios...questionable

Granite1 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews