• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Robbery victim (a U.S. Marine) plugs bullet holes with fingers

quest7

Android Enthusiast
May 9, 2010
When a U.S. Marine attempting to make a Craigslist sale was robbed in a south Florida apartment complex last week, he did what he was trained to do: He gave chase until he was shot, then he plugged the bullet wounds with his fingers.

"I'm a Marine and I'm not going to run from a fight," Lt. Col Karl Trenker told the Associated Press during a Friday news conference at North Broward Medical Center. He was treated there after the Dec. 21 shooting.

"You wouldn't want a Marine to run from a fight. Call me crazy, call me stupid. I got shot once and it just angered me more. I wanted to get this guy. I got shot twice, and I re-evaluated that decision. I decided I need to stay alive."

Nation Now - latimes.com

Reactions: 9to5cynic
I'll be honest, that's pretty much the definition of bad-ass.

I wish the story would have ended like this:
fictional...
After the the second bullet tore into his flesh, Lt. Col Karl Trenker stuck another finger into the wound. Watching the robber run, Lt. gave chase. The robber ran into an alleyway and Trenker followed. Assessing the situation, and knowing he was out gunned and bleeding, the Lt. pulled out an empty dumpster and hid behind it while charging at the robber. He crashed into the robber with the force of a mad buffalo. The robber, jumping out of the way not only dropped his firearm, but got his legs pinned under the dumpster that Trenker pushed. The Lt. punched the man in the face, breaking his nose. Then he grabbed the firearm and placed a round into (either the mans neither region or his hands, not sure which ;))... When questioned by the police, the Lt. told them everything that happened, and was awarded $1000 and a key to the city. ;)

By the way, robbing a soldier, pretty much an all time low right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones