• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Robo Defense

There might be an easier way, but you could try this.

You could start by removing the game and the user data and then re-installing the game. From what I've read, that probably won't be enough, but you could try that first.

There should be a robo_defense_full.bak file in the root directory of your internal storage. I've read that the game will use that file, if it exists, to restore your game data after a re-install. So, you may have to remove the game and that file, and then re-install. You might want to keep that .bak file and just rename or move it, so the game can't find it. Then if you decide that you want to put things back the way they were, you might be able to do that by just putting that .bak file back in place.

You could also try getting rid of the robo_defense_full.bak file without removing the game. My guess is that that file is just a backup of the game data and you need to remove the game too, but you could try removing just the file and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: UTMatt
Upvote 0
Hi,

I have had this game on my Droid 2 for quite a while but haven't touched it in many months. I started again in the past week and noticed that at least one if not several of my unlocked upgrades aren't working. I unlocked Air Sniper some time ago and it still appears as "unlocked" on the menu of upgrades. But when I buy Antiair Guns, their range is still only 1 instead of 2. I also previously unlocked Slow Burn but neither Flame Towers or Inferno Towers appear to be slowing their targets. Has anyone else had this problem or can you think of a way to address it without deleting the game and starting from scratch?

Thanks! =)

Upvote 0
hi folks,
my first post here.
been playing RD for about 2 months, currently hanging out in the mid 400's with all achievements completed and everything at level 43 except gun (40), anti air (48) and health (40).
99 % of my play is just rockets, slow towers, SAMs and occasional artillery - I never use guns, cannons or flame
looking for some cool new codes that'll give me harder hitting rockets and SAMs, without detracting too much from artillery and slow tower effectiveness. Increased range is always welcome but that's not the same thing as hitting power - I'm looking for more expensive, harder hitting rockets and secondarily SAMs.
if anyone has codes along those lines could you kindly post them?
I played 00011 for a while but I found it really boring. I was able to complete it to a perfect game using just upgraded guns and slow towers, over and over, so there was no challenge at all. Sometimes I play a few rounds of it just to get 44 million points to do some upgrades, but it's just too dang easy
Gareth

Upvote 0
Up to level 610 and feel like I'm hitting the limit, due to the exponential increase in upgrade costs vs arithmetic increase in upgrade power. Having to pound the Survival Mode for a quick 47,000,000 points for 3-4 games in between each regular game just to afford another upgrade in order to keep up. Currently at level 50 to 52 on all upgrades. Anyone else experiencing this?

Upvote 0
tnx...already using A0003

Feel like the game should cut us a break after, say, level 50: charge a 10 % exponential price increase for those 10 % effectiveness increases, instead of 20 %. Costs are going so high that I now have to play 17 games just to get 10 % more rocket power. When I hit level 600 the s*** really hit the fan with the air barrages, making most of the game the insidious fun-sucking teleport re-arming. I now seem to need 10 teleports on the middle row, and another column of 5 of them for the ground attacks, to get a perfect game as I define it (no losses, $5,000+ in cash). Historically over the 600 levels, I've noticed that the boring teleport re-arm defensive strategy rears its ugly head whenever my rockets and mortar/artillery power & speed haven't kept up with the game level, so I really focus on upgrading those for a while and then it's OK. But .... the upgrades have gotten so expensive now that I can't just jack up the power anymore. Even my trusted friend, the A0003/63830 tower mix, where I can bang out a quick but very boring 12 minute perfect game for 47,000,000 points ain't cutting it anymore - have to play it 14 times for a rocket/mortar/artillery upgrade, or even 5 times just to get a damn flame upgrade. I feel like I've hit the wall with this game...but I see people on this board at level 1,200 or 6,000 and I'm like "how?"

Upvote 0
Back in the good old days the game used an integer that maxed at 512 this caused negative upgrade costs to occur and we got paid to upgrade about 3/5 upgrades. I play without tower codes and only use 2x slow 2x mortar 2x rocket launcher and 2x SAM anti air missiles for most levels. But lately I have been having to use about 25 turrets just to make the jeeps loop around enough to hit them before they get to the exit. As they come out faster than my weapons can fire.

Upvote 0
it sounds like you're using much less firepower than me to get through the game!! I can't imagine getting through it all with that few turrets. I use almost every square. Here's my map for getting through Basic Level at 600 -- if sequenced right, it'll get me a perfect game every time.

robodefstratsmall_zps9e85b5db.png

Upvote 0
I'm at level 940 on the basic map, pushing forward toward 1,000. Fun game, and addicting. My problem is I've got my strategy so down pat that it's really not much fun anymore because I finish 99 % of the games with no losses. At some point around level 500 I was just playing to eek out one last upgrade, and then another, and then around level 800 it was mainly to soldier on to level 1,000. I wish the developer would add some more stuff to the game. New enemies, new strategic options, etc. Titan is kind of a joke once you learn to use portals - would like to see a Titan with much more juice, only defeatable through just the right mix of combined arms or something.

Upvote 0
Finally got to the "end"

Congratulations, I guess. :)

I finally quit playing some months back, after pretty much breaking the game. I was using the Mixed Mode super guns and kept increasing the difficulty and buying bullet upgrades. If your total score for a single game is over 2 billion, it turns negative. If you have enough points totaled up from previous games, it subtracts something from that. Otherwise, your accumulated total just goes to 0. My "Stronger Bullets" upgrade was over 800 and starting health was 500 total (so I got a 500% bonus for a "perfect" game), and I was playing difficulties over 20K. The problem was that at that level, every game started giving me over 2 billion points, meaning that I was accumulating no points at all. :) I had a "perfect" game at 24000 difficulty and the health bonus alone was over 2 billion (because of that, it wasn't even listed with the other scores at the end of the game).

After playing around a bit to see if I could find some way around those score limitations, I decided it was finally time to retire. :)

Upvote 0
Here is my take on the "horizontal maze" strategy. I have not lost any points in about my last 500 or 600 games using this approach. Mainly because it uses the fully upgraded rockets in a dual role to take out ground and air opponents, which as far as I can tell no other strategy can do as effectively. I'm upgraded to level 58 on all upgrades but level 61 on flame thrower and rocket power. I like flame thrower.

Attachments

• robodefense strategy 1211.jpg
    robodefense strategy 1211.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones