• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rocket Player Volume Issue

rexar

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
Hi there i use both Insyncr and Rocket Player from JRTStudios and i believe as of this last update every time i click the next song button the song starts playing at max volume until i hit the volume key up or down then it returns to where it was previously. It stays at the same volume if i just let the song run over into the next one but if i ever want to skip the song i have to deal with the sudden blaring of music into my headphones. I have already uninstalled reinstalled and tried removing every file related to it. Anyone else? I appreciate any help you can give and if it helps use i have a Droid RAZR M. Thanks

Edit: thanks to cyndies post I found that smart actions does stop the music from going back to high so an easy fix is to just use the workout sample then add the action adjust volume to whatever you can still change the volume as you see fit and it won't go back to max afterwards. Thanks cyndie!

I had this exact same problem with the Droid Raxr Maxx HD and wrote to the developer to let him know about it. He emailed me today and sent me a new .apk file to beta test to see if the volume issue was resolved. It worked just fine, no matter if the songs moved onto the next one on their own or if I clicked the Next button.

I also tested if it worked using a Smart Action to start the Rocket Player when I plugged my headphones in and used the Smart Action to set the volume to Medium. No issues there either. So, I imagine an update will be coming soon!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones