1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Rocketron: The Traveling Planet! - Fast-Paced, Challenging Action Game

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by klobit, Aug 3, 2011.

1. klobit

klobit Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Hey guys! I just finished my first android game! It is called Rocketron and any feedback on it would be great! Check it out! Launch across galaxies and help Rocketron zip through this fast-paced action platformer! Thanks for check this is. I am struggling developer so I really appreciate it :p.

[​IMG]

Market
    Rocketron on Android Market

[​IMG]

Rocketron Demo on Android Market
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game Features
    Fast Paced Gameplay!
    It is 1999! It is the future! Launch across galaxies and help Rocketron zip through this fast-paced action platformer!

Just tap!
    In the future, controls are simple! Just tap the screen to launch Rocketron from one side of the screen to the other.

Challenging!
    Think you can actually make it through the galaxies? Good luck dodging obstacles left and right! Good luck barely clearing jumps! How can controls be so simple and a game be so challenging? Why is this game over music so happy???

Over 30 levels!

Video
    ‪Rocketron: The Traveling Planet (Trailer)‬‏ - YouTube

Screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. klobit

klobit Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Thanks! I appreciate it!

To those not sure if they'll like it, there is a demo!

And if you like the kind of game that make you go: "I hate this game, but I can't stop playing!" then this is the game for you!

3. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Haha, at least you're honest. I would say: this is basically The Impossible Game but with trippy indie/retro visuals, right? It's rather harder than I like - I can't concentrate enough to beat the second level in the demo - but I'm still fairly impressed. Yes, it's a simple one-button game, but it looks and sounds pretty neat, has a fair amount of content for the price and makes no bones about what it is. I can see people who are into this sort of game being quite pleased with it.

4. geetechfever

geetechfever Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Looks really great. I love that figure. It's so cute. Great job.

5. klobit

klobit Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback! The goal was to make a game that is both challenging and simple to play. I am in to challenging platformers and I am not into phone games with complex controls when you have so little tactile feedback. Thus, Rocketron was born.

Would you or anyone else for that matter be more interested if it had a mode that added 1 - 3 checkpoints into the level so you didn't have to start from the beginning?

6. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Well, I purchased the game anyway ;) but hey, it could get you some more attention. Maybe add a difficulty setting, or some kind of simple scoring system - either where the more times you need to use the checkpoints, the less you score, or just an achievement or similar award for beating a level with no checkpoints used at all. Trials games on smartphones or consoles can be absolutely rock-hard challenges, but the best ones still put checkpoints in.

7. Number999

Number999 Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    I would love to see some checkpoints in the game ;)