• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers 6GB plan

Rogers also added the 6GB plan (with 3-year contract) for a short while at the end of August 2009. (That is when I renewed.) I suspect that they will offer it again in the new year after the Christmas "rush". I've heard (but not confirmed) that you can upgrade you data plan at any time ... of course it would be prudent to upgrade when Roger has another one of these time-limited offers.

Upvote 0
Anyone considering buying an android phone from Rogers needs to know that we are stuck on Android 1.5. Even though 1.6 has been out since at least the end of Sept (and 2.0 is out, and 2.1 is on the way) Rogers has not yet got around to even testing 1.6.

I spent the last few days corresponding and talking to "Sherri from the office of the president" who told me yesterday that the official answer to the question of when we will have 1.6 is as follows: Rogers is supposed to be getting 1.6 _from_ HTC in late Dec to "test and evaluate" and we _might_ get 1.6 in the new year.

You can read more here: http://androidforums.com/rogers/10647-rogers-dream-1-6-update.html

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the 6 GB plan is still valid with Rogers? I just found out that Rogers did NOT add the 6GB plan on my account and that is the reason why my bill got charged more than it should've!!! :mad:

I was able to get on the "special" 6gb plan in September 2009. I am paying an additional $30 per month for this plan.

I really wish for more granularity in their data plans! I will never use 6gb but I will certainly use more than 500mb (the next plan down).

Too bad they don't offer a 3gb plan for $15.

Upvote 0
But, why not allow an extra $10 to get 2 or 3GB. Use Google Maps, play with You Tube, and you will quickly use up a gigabyte.
Because I'm not the guy at Rogers that makes these plan choices. :eek:
Not sure how others are using their phones but I don't use up my 1G. I even tether when I need to and use maps, goggles, and other hungry apps. But I also have a pc for heavy lifting apps. The phone is for other times and I don't play with it so heavily that I need to pay extortion prices for data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones