• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers and Mobilicity

tigrr07

Nov 20, 2009
Does anyone know if the Nexus S phone from Mobilicity will work on the Rogers network? I currently have an N1 and was thinking of signing up my son on Mobilicity and giving him my N1 to use on it and taking the NS for myself to use on Rogers.

Look for the frequencies that the moblicity version uses. If it matches with Rogers frequencies then it will work great.

From Moblicitys website:
Frequencies: GSM Quad band (850/900/1800/1900) HSDPA Tri Band (AWS)

From Rogers wiki:
GSM/GPRS/EDGE on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 2G GSM, or 2.5G in the case of EDGE)
UMTS/HSPA on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 3G GSM)

Dont quote me, but I'm going to assume it will work on Rogers.

Reactions: tigrr07
Upvote 0
Look for the frequencies that the moblicity version uses. If it matches with Rogers frequencies then it will work great.

From Moblicitys website:
Frequencies: GSM Quad band (850/900/1800/1900) HSDPA Tri Band (AWS)

From Rogers wiki:
GSM/GPRS/EDGE on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 2G GSM, or 2.5G in the case of EDGE)
UMTS/HSPA on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 3G GSM)

Dont quote me, but I'm going to assume it will work on Rogers.

It won't work. Well, not entirely true, it won't work with 3G speeds. Mobility uses AWS and Rogers doesn't use that. The phone will work with GSM, but it's an old technology and it's not fast.

Reactions: tigrr07
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones