• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers Dream 1.6 Update

Does Wednesday, January 20th work for all to meet somewhere in downtown Toronto?

RogersMary, it would be great if you could come and allow for us to thank you in person for all your efforts and for sticking with us.

I am located at Front/John, so I can meet anywhere south west of Yonge & Dundas

Upvote 0
So I need to extend my contract by a couple of months, over 3 years what's the difference. At least I'm getting a phone that has half a chance of making it half way through my contract without becoming obsolete.

As a bonus I'm getting a $50.00 mail in rebate with the phone when it comes and I get to keep my Dream.

All in all it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

gbd

Upvote 0
Amidst this victory, let's not loose focus from our LG Eve counterparts as well. We want to push Rogers and LG to make sure that the Eve users are not left behind.

Leave no droid behind!!!!!!!

Like the Magic users that stuck with us Dream users, I for one have no intention on giving up on our LG EVE brethren.

On that note, it might be time to start a thread dedicated to a LG EVE update so that newcomers to the forum will know where to go.

gbd

Upvote 0
Like the Magic users that stuck with us Dream users, I for one have no intention on giving up on our LG EVE brethren.

On that note, it might be time to start a thread dedicated to a LG EVE update so that newcomers to the forum will know where to go.

gbd

GBD your wisdom is worth its weight in gold. I concur with the idea of starting a separate thread for LG Eve users to provide them with ease in finding the needed information.

ATTENTION LG EVE USERS: Please follow this Thread for updates pertaining to your device. http://androidforums.com/rogers/35751-rogers-lg-eve-android-update.html

Upvote 0
Great news! Thank you @RogersMary!
Now I'm trying to order online. Am I missing something here? When I follow the upgrade my phone link it tells me I can upgrade my phone anytime no term at phone only price. Then I can browse phones and when I select the Magic I can choose plans or phone only. Nothing I am seeing indicates the Dream to Magic offer. Did I miss a certain link somewhere or should I just call care?

Upvote 0
Now I'm trying to order online. Am I missing something here? When I follow the upgrade my phone link it tells me I can upgrade my phone anytime no term at phone only price. Then I can browse phones and when I select the Magic I can choose plans or phone only. Nothing I am seeing indicates the Dream to Magic offer. Did I miss a certain link somewhere or should I just call care?

Would one of you who has successfully done this online be able to do a walk-through of how to do it?

Upvote 0
Would one of you who has successfully done this online be able to do a walk-through of how to do it?

I was successful in ordering my new HTC Magic. Here are the detailed steps:

- Go to http://www.rogers.com
- Logon with your Rogers account and password
- Click on the Wireless Box (picture of a Black Berry with signal strength)
- This should bring you to the "My Wireless Services" screen​
- You will also see a little picture of your HTC Dream​
- Right beside the picture of the Dream, there is a link "Upgrade My Phone"
- Click it (it doesn't look like a link, but it is)​
- There should be a promotion stating -$50. This is the upgrade you're looking for.
- Select it and follow on screen instructions from this point.

Hope this helps.
C.

Upvote 0

To be able to upgrade the phone online, you need to have an existing 3yr data plan and log in to MyRogers:
--Go to http://www.rogers.com
--Follow the Upgrade My Phone link

If you're still having trouble, call into Customer Care. The details of the upgrade should be in your account information.

Hope that helps.

.... and yes you do keep the phone, which is typical of any hardware upgrade :)

Upvote 0
Decided to go the phone route. I think I'm running into problems because when I first signed up with Rogers I got a promotion through work and I'm on a corporate price plan even though it's a personal phone that I pay for. Called Customer Care and they transferred me to the business side right away. I knew right there things would go downhill. Would it surprise anyone that they didn't have a clue about this? Good thing I'm a patient person. LOL
I'll keep folks updated.

Upvote 0
Have the customer care rep look into your account information. The details should be pre-loaded.

@RogersMary - I got my Dream through an upgrade and now the phone rep is telling me that the offer is only good for those who activated a new account when they got their dream! Is this guy confused or you actually not giving the upgrade to people who were rogers customers before they got their dreams?!!?

I've now called twice and gotten nowhere and I'm getting pretty frustrated!

Upvote 0
@RogersMary - I got my Dream through an upgrade and now the phone rep is telling me that the offer is only good for those who activated a new account when they got their dream! Is this guy confused or you actually not giving the upgrade to people who were rogers customers before they got their dreams?!!?

I've now called twice and gotten nowhere and I'm getting pretty frustrated!

There lying to you. I upgraded to the Dream and i just ordered my magic :D

Upvote 0
There lying to you. I upgraded to the Dream and i just ordered my magic :D

I don't think anyone is deliberately lying to them. This is new today. The correct information may just be slow to trickle down. Give it a little time. I'm sure things will get straightened out.

For everything I've seen in the last couple of months, I truly believe @RogersMary wears a red cape and has a big 'S' on her chest. ;-)

Upvote 0
I've asked RogersMary via Twitter to comment on both the $79 rebate coupon, and the "new account" issues. Waiting for her response.

According to Mary, the info is supposed to already be in your account when you call. Try calling again. Ask them to look for a note in your account.

As long as your contract became a "3 year" contract when you got the Dream, regardless of how long you've been a customer, you should get the deal.

I recommend calling back, and if they hassle you, you should _specifically_ ask to "elevate the call to a manager".

Upvote 0
I don't think anyone is deliberately lying to them. This is new today. The correct information may just be slow to trickle down. Give it a little time. I'm sure things will get straightened out.

For everything I've seen in the last couple of months, I truly believe @RogersMary wears a red cape and has a big 'S' on her chest. ;-)

I thought she's a Wonder woman :p

Upvote 0
I've asked RogersMary via Twitter to comment on both the $79 rebate coupon, and the "new account" issues. Waiting for her response.

According to Mary, the info is supposed to already be in your account when you call. Try calling again. Ask them to look for a note in your account.

As long as your contract became a "3 year" contract when you got the Dream, regardless of how long you've been a customer, you should get the deal.

I recommend calling back, and if they hassle you, you should _specifically_ ask to "elevate the call to a manager".

Hey Mike, I think that you meant to say $50.00 rebate.

gbd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones