• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rogers+Magic2.1=more dropped calls

BlackScreen

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
Ever since I upgraded to 2.1 about two weeks ago I have had more problems with straight to voice mail incoming calls and having to try two and three times to dial out.
I get a missed call text message but no missed call in the call history and I know I am in a good reception area, i'm not dialing out or on a call there are no problems like that.

I'm just wondering if any one else has had an increase in these problems like me?
Its getting really bad, out of ten incoming calls in a day two to five calls keep going straight to voice mail says the callers.

So I have talked to a Rogers tech and he did some stuff.
What, I don't know.
He asked me if I pull out my battery, saying that I should be doing this once or twice a week!.
The reason for doing this is like a computer and IP addresses. By pulling your battery it renews your IP. He also talked about a couple of other things he was going to do. Since i was on my cell he could not do a lot other adjustments or what ever you want to call it.
I am still having the same problem but not as frequent, but now I am having a new issue. Like if i lose signal I will not get a signal back. I have to reset my phone or put it in and out of airplane mode.

I going to have to call back on a land line when I get so chance.
Stay posted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones