1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Rogers SE X10: Customized for Rogers?

Discussion in 'Rogers' started by mjschmidt, Apr 21, 2010.

1. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Male
    In my house.
    There are a number of threads here already for the new X10, but no one has yet mentioned what, if anything, Rogers has done to the X10.

Can those of you with an X10 from Rogers tell us is the OS has been customized at all for Rogers? Are there any Rogers icons, is there a Rogers logo on the startup splash screen? Anything else?

The reason I ask, is, the difficulty we had getting an update to the Magic (and Dream) was because HTC customized the ROM for Rogers.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Rogers has placed their logo during startup in place of the Sony Ericsson liquid swirl animation.

The phone is pre-installed with Rogers MyAccount application, as well as UrMusic.

They also seem to have locked out the ability to switch to 2G data only, but I have yet to confirm this.

That seems to be about it. I do plan to debrand my X10, but mostly to get updates sooner (such as the 1.0.16 firmware that's not yet available through Rogers).

3. TriC

TriC Well-Known Member

Ya compared to the Magic.. and other Phones. Rogers has not done much at all to the X10.. The best part is you can uninstall the apps they have installed like UrMusic and MyAccount.. but I do use MyAccount so I left it on.. but ya just really the 2sec boot screen.. thats about it.. not even a rogers logo on the outside of the phone.

4. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Canuck
    You guys didn't get all those Moxier apps on your phones? I'm jealous!

I don't use them and they're taking up space. Moxier mail keeps on opening up in the background even though I use Gmail. I haven't even set up my hotmail/yahoo accounts either.

5. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Oh, we got Moxier. It comes pre-installed on all X10s. It's a Sony Ericsson thing, not Rogers. Wish I could uninstall it too as I don't use it, but Startup Auditor does a good job of keeping it down.

6. jscrimshaw

jscrimshaw Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Hotel Night Auditor
    London, Ontario. Canada
    Moxier is also on the LG Eve

7. TriC

TriC Well-Known Member

Ya I just disabled the Moxier app in the phone boot so they don't load.