• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers Update is Here

my current plan is
200 minutes day / evening (from 6 pm to 7 am + week-ends: unlimited, wich also includes the # blocking option "wich mean i can manage who can call me and no :p )"25$", the iphone voicemail plan with 2500 txt "15$" and 6gb/month "30$" (got the "special" when i bought my iphone 3g "wich replaced my SE k790a" in 2008)
everything with taxes grinds up to approx 85$/month
--------------------------
but to answer the question yes it is OUT... i installed it last saturday at around 3 am

Mine is the basic 200min /day, 500mb data, unlimited everything to 5 contacts (calls, texts and multimedia), unlimited by 9 pm to 7 am.

this cost me a not bad 50$ /month wich i added Call id for 8$ (why they don't include in the basic kit?) so total around 60$

Upvote 0
am at the point were i dont give two fu$#s if i lose everything and have to rebuild my phone lol.. this is so confusing for non-tech minded people like me. which is weird because im only 28 years old

Okay... let's see if I can help. If you're comfortable you've saved your contacts and stuff(easiest way if you haven't is to export them to your SIM).

Connect your phone to a PC via usb. Turn on storage(mount the device). If you have PC Companion installed, launch it. If you don't go to Google and search for Sony Ericsson PC Companion. While your'e at it search for and install SEUS.

Launch PC companion and let it install any updates to itself if necessary. At the top under Xperia X10 it should say if your phone is up to date or not. You can go to Support Zone and click start under software update to see if there's anything available. If the update is present it should launch SEUS and tell you to turn off your phone.

With SEUS loaded and your phone off, remove the usb cable from the pc but leave it plugged into your phone. Leave the phone off for 30 seconds. Then press and hold the back button and plug in the usb cable to the PC(still holding the back button). YOu'll see the green light on the phone come on and hopefully you'll see the status bar in the SEUS window start moving. It will tell you when you can let go of the back button.

Once this is happening just follow the onscreen prompts. Once the phone is flashed and you are told to power up(first boot takes longer) follow the onscreen setup on the phone. Then power it off, pull the battery for 5 secconds min and then power back up and voila!

If you dont' get anything from SEUS the update isn't available to you.

Good luck!

Reactions: spikeithard
Upvote 0
Is there an easy step by step guide for the whole upgrade? would be nice because all I get on here is bits and pieces of how to do it and its different everytime... 'use the seus.... no use the pc companion!' im lost~!

EDIT.. oops. didnt see your nice post above lol.. read it after I posted this above about a step to step guide. thanks!

No problem(don't forget the thanks button ;) ) LOL

If you get stuck, post up... I check back fairly often and there are 100's of others who've done it too :D It can seem intimidating but once you run through it once it's a piece of cake. I've done mine three times and I feel like an expert LOL

Upvote 0
seus is taking like 40 min to download .. crazy.

so this is were i have problems. once i have pc comp and seus installed on my laptop, then what? open then both up?

you lost me at this part:'With SEUS loaded and your phone off, remove the usb cable from the pc but leave it plugged into your phone. Leave the phone off for 30 seconds.'

1. Connect phone to pc with usb cable.
2. Drag top menu bar down, click 'connect usb' and click mount.
3. Open PC Companion---it might tell you at the top you have an update available. If not go into support zone and click start. This should find the update if its' there and launch SEUS.
4. When told by SEUS, power down phone.
5. Unplug usb cable from pc, leave in phone.
6. After a minute or so press and hold back button on phone.
7. Still holding back button plug usb into pc.
8. Seus will connect to your phone and begin the download.
9. Seus will tell you when to let go of back button.
10. Follow Seus' instructions to complete install. :)

If PC Companion doesn't find the update. Just launch SEUS and follow steps 5-10 above if SEUS says there's an update. If it says your phone is up to date then the 2.1 isnt' available. You can check the sony blog thread to find your phone's kit number to see if it's been released.

Reactions: spikeithard
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones