• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rogue Ads only by Chrome

makkekkazzo

Lurker
Nov 16, 2013
Hi everybody,

it is my first time writing in this forum, so please be patient if I make some errors. I'm writing here because I have a problem as a lot of other people and haven't found till now a satisfactory answer on the internet.
Since some time on my chrome app on Android I get redirected to some scam sites (like "you won a free iphone", "amazon gift card" and so on).
Till now I tried to clear the cache from chrome and all his datas, I cleared also google app, google play-service and google play-store data.
But the problem still comes back. I tried also the factory reset without resolving the problem.
Initially was also firefox infected but now, thtat I deactivated only the chrome app, it doesn't come anymore. I tried to run chrome in safe mode and the problem didn't showed up.
I ran AVG, Avast, Malwarebytes and CCleaner and nobody found anything.
NO as said I'm using Firefox without problem but I would really like to solve these problem.
Does somebody know how?

Thanks a lot

I posted previously about the same issue. Tried all sorts of anti virus and anti malware but still got the annoying pop up screens which would freeze chrome and not allow you to back out or exit from screen.
What i have found is that Chrome Beta does protect against this, i do find that on occasion I still get a screen popping up, but at least now i can press on the small number in a box next to the search bar and then rather than add a new browser window, i can close the dodgy screen by selecting x on that screen. Still not ideal as i would rather not get the pop up screens but a lot better than what happened previously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones