• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogue, not rouge...

I actually got this from Walmart a few months ago at $29.99.

PROS: Extraordinarily inexpensive smartphone, aesthetically pleasing, has a MicroSD slot for up to a whopping additional 32gb of storage, no crashes of any kind.

CONS: Below average screen size (my fingers aren't fat, but sometimes I do have trouble tapping the right spot on the screen), a bit slow in general if you run too many apps at once (it only has 512mb of RAM), not all apps may be compatible (I tried installing my McDonald's app & got an error message about it not being compatible for this device...a few weeks later, it was compatible), and the biggest con for me is the GPS. Let me explain that separately.

I use Google Maps daily, and it is noticeably slow to lookup an address once I've entered it, as well as to accept my voice command for looking up an address. It's not cripplingly slow, but enough that you just don't want to even TRY running any other apps at the same time (I did that, and THAT is when it becomes cripplingly slow).

VERDICT: It's fine for what I need it for (phone calls, texting, 4G so I can use the GPS), and simple apps (no hardcore gaming on this one). I only got this one because I needed a cheap replacement for just those things. My old phone from a year ago is still superior in every way, except that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot like the Coolpad Rogue does. Problem was, my old phone developed a habit of rebooting itself & dropping my text/internet whenever it felt like it (I tried several fixes and none of them worked). So, I still use my old phone for gaming, wi-fi, and as a portable media player.

VERDICT: It's fine for what I need it for (phone calls, texting, 4G so I can use the GPS), and simple apps (no hardcore gaming on this one). I only got this one because I needed a cheap replacement for just those things. My old phone from a year ago is still superior in every way, except that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot like the Coolpad Rogue does. Problem was, my old phone developed a habit of rebooting itself & dropping my text/internet whenever it felt like it (I tried several fixes and none of them worked). So, I still use my old phone for gaming, wi-fi, and as a portable media player.
+

Considering I don't even own a Data Connection besides Wifi, I use it for music/light games.

I barely use it's power.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones