• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Roll back to 4.1.1?

SoulTerror

Android Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010
North Carolina
We have a Razr Maxx at work that ever since it was updated to 4.1.2 has been having a bunch of issues. It got so bad the user had to reboot daily. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to roll it back to 4.1.1? From the Google searching I've been doing there does not appear to be a way to do it. Just thought I would post here.

I'm not sure if he ever did that or not. One of our CEO's had the same phone and had the same issues after the update. Did some research and it appears that 4.1.2 was not friendly with this particular phone. I have 4.1.2 on my Maxx HD with no issues at all. It has been factory defaulted this morning, the field tech that gets it will find out quickly if it it's still having issues.

Upvote 0
I came to the same conclusion. A Factory Data Reset is needed after any major system upgrade. If you don't I can appear to be running correctly for days, weeks, or months and the it just goes bad.

Two positive things about periodically being forced to do a Factory Data Reset ...

It gets easier each time you do it because you are familiar with it.
It gives you a chance to clean up the junk you jut never got around to.

Nobody likes it.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones