1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rollback Boost G3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bg4m3r, Apr 1, 2016.

1. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert
    None

Nov 1, 2013
    Male
    IT Contractor
    Got a G3 from Boost recently and it came with Lollipop, which immediately updated to 5.0.1. Honestly, I'm very disappointed with it. Many features I liked in KitKat are gone, and things that have been added were a bad move, IMO (you can't toggle data with a non system app without root! Really?!) Combined with not being able to root, I'm quite not happy.

Anyway, I would like to flash back to KitKat if possible. I have used the LG Flash tool with my Volt, so I'm familiar with that. My questions are which firmware do I need, and if there isn't a specific Boost one, will using the Sprint one be an issue (it's the same device model)? We were using a universal tot file with the Volt fine aside from losing carrier identification, but I didn't know if that would work here as well.

Advertisement

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: