• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rollback/Uninstall Verizon Samsung Software Update

C

courtneyomg

8pefxVU.jpg

Please help! The new S7 software update I received and installed this morning completely screwed up my homescreen (which was already on the largest screen grid prior to the update and the widgets a nice size).:( The widgets that are in groups are now super tiny, so much so that I have to pretty much squint to see them, and even the ones that are by themselves were made smaller after the update. I'm thinking the app optimization went wrong... Samsung refuses to help me, so how do I either enlarge the app's widgets or roll back my software to the previous update?

Yeah, TouchWiz sucks. Well-known fact.

um, I agree it is not user friendly, but that is unrelated to his question about rolling back the Android version.... Verizon has that just about locked that down to "impossible"....

there are some root options, if he wants to try that.

TouchWiz doesn't accommodate what he wants, although, before I found Nova Launcher, I found a Font app that would change all of the system fonts, and I made them 4 times larger than they were stock.... lots of folks commented on that :)

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
I also received the update this morning, on two phones. Both GS7 on Verizon. The home screens never changed. Just to test I long pressed on my home screen and played with changing the grid sizes, which in turn changes the size of the icons. Everything works as it did prior to the update. Mine are set to the smallest, my husband's to the largest. No issues here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones