• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] [05.01.11] Velocity V1.1 | LG Ally | Android 2.2.1 Froyo | Super Fast | Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
shoot. I tried the *22899 phonecall, and it said it reprogrammed, but it still has the MMS messages not getting sent.

Downloaded "ChompSMS", and tried that app; still have the same issue. Check the "View Message Details", and it says "Pending" as the status for the MMS messages waiting to be sent.

Even just "add a Subject", turning it into an MMS, keeps it as "Pending".

Thanks again to Trident and Team Velocity for all the hard work, and patience with us! :)

Upvote 0
I don't normally send or receive many pictures with text messaging but figured I would test it out and I'm not able to send or receive a picture with Velocity 1.1 either. When I try sending one it just says sending till I delete the message. I let this run for about 10 minutes. I know it was working with Velocity 1.0.
I did the update to 1.1 via script without flashing data.
Did the *22899 thing to reactivate before I tried this.

I flashed a nand back to Velocity 1.0 and both sending and receiving work fine.

Thanks for everything you guys have done for us!!

Upvote 0
I like the update to the first post with the known issues list and LOL'd at the try *22899 then complain if it doesn't work :)

I'm wondering if there is a common thread with everyone having the MMS issue...my phone is and I did not wipe data prior flashing version 1.1.

Are there people who did the full wipe that can't send or receive MMS?

Reactions: azuma73
Upvote 0
Hey! I like the colored progress bar for unpacking the system files on the otherwise "all text" screen in Recovery. Nice!

The

VE
LO
CI
TY

boot screen mentioned above actually looked better to me once I saw it than I thought it would.

I now see an "87" in the green battery icon. Looks like you addressed the previous tendency to show only multiples of 10, which would stay on the higher number (say, 90) until it actually fell to (say, 80) before updating, which meant I always had to be prepared to have 9% less battery than I 'thought' I had. I like this much better!

In case anyone wonders where Terminal Emulator went, it is listed in the menus of the Velocity Tool Kit. Its icon which I had on one of my home screens gets disabled. Nice to be able to set the OC right from the Tool Kit now!

THANKS!!

Upvote 0
Ok I've installed velocity 1.1 on my phone after getting lg's update to 2.2.2...... I also had the mms issue, I had performed a full wipe. I did the *228 then 2 to update roaming.... after that finished the mms I was sending still showed that it had not been sent or was still "sending". I just deleted that message and then made a new mms which was sent with no problems. So you may have to delete or cancel any previous mms messages then dial the *228 to reprogram your phone. On a side note has anyone else noticed that the phone seems to charge very slowly?

Upvote 0
I noticed that I had to update to Script 31 again after flashing ROM 1.1. Hadn't really given it much thought, but it makes sense.

So what happens with the new Nandroid option to back up Recovery? Does it save a copy of Amon-RA Recovery to the SD card, or is it stored within the Nandroid itself? If the latter, since it takes Recovery to restore a Nandroid, how would restoring Recovery work?

Hmm. When I try to rename the Nandroid backup (to add something descriptive, such as "Vel1-1" to the end of the name) it says "operation failed". I am using ES Explorer. We were able to rename these before, is that no longer allowed?

Upvote 0
Ugh...what the heck...

Anybody else having this problem? I go to flash the zip file in recovery, and I get to where it says "Verifying Update Package..." and then I get the following error:

E:Corrupt file:
System/app/Browser.apk
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

Idk why it says this. Browser is not corrupt. I use it every day. I'm currently running Velocity v1.0, and before I went to flash, I wiped the cache and Delvik cache like I was supposed to.

Man, just once I'd like to update Velocity without running into some BS problem. Oh well. If anybody can help me, it would be much appreciated. Thanks so much

Upvote 0
Ugh...what the heck...

Anybody else having this problem? I go to flash the zip file in recovery, and I get to where it says "Verifying Update Package..." and then I get the following error:

E:Corrupt file:
System/app/Browser.apk
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

Idk why it says this. Browser is not corrupt. I use it every day. I'm currently running Velocity v1.0, and before I went to flash, I wiped the cache and Delvik cache like I was supposed to.

Man, just once I'd like to update Velocity without running into some BS problem. Oh well. If anybody can help me, it would be much appreciated. Thanks so much

Never mind. I re downloaded the zip and now it worked. lol Wish it was always that simple :p This ROM looks sick! Nice update as usual ;)

Upvote 0
I did a full wipe, reinstalled 1.1, and did my nand restore (I think I checked everything when I did the backup)... but there is still no MMS. What am I doing wrong? Sorry if I'm being dumb :-/

You don't restore your nandroid backup after wiping... that's totally redundant. You need to wipe everything and reflash the ROM.

Upvote 0
I was not expecting this as far as an upgrade, fantastic. Giving me ideas for my firmware im creating for a tablet. Couple things i noticed.spd 3d(fancy expensive launcher) no longer loads now. :/ i used that now it dont run? What would have changed to keep it from running? Flash screen flashing having some issues as well.
So do we apply the lg update? Last question.

Upvote 0
I've searched around to see if i can find a fix to my problem but I haven't so far. My issue is upgrading to Velocity 1.1 I have downloaded Velocity via computer and transferred it to my SD card on my phone and I have also done the OTA update via terminal and i keep having the same problem. I get this error message
Flashing...
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/splash.Ingram","splash")
E:Error in /sdcard/download/velocity_1.1_release.zip
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Then if i just reboot the phone i get stuck at the new Velocity splash screen and that is it. I have to restore back to a previous points. I have tried this multiple times. I have downloaded Velocity several times just to make sure i didn't have a corrupted file and no matter what it gives me the exact error message. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones