• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][1-2-12]GingerSteem Rom 1.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Its in mp3 format correct?
Yes sir it is. The boot animation is a zip like it is supposed to be and in the correct location. I believe the sound is working sorry I should have said that. It is just the boot animation. I am going to try and change it with romtoolbox and then copy the one back and see if that works.

Edit: Yeah that seemed to work. The blue razor bootanimation is now working.

Upvote 0
What are some AnTuTu benchmark scores with the ROM and Plague's Extreme kernel? I'm tryin to decide if I should install the ROM; I'm already getting a 4550 on my scores. Would it improve substantially? I don't want to install it, because I actually like the stock ROM.

When it comes down to it bench Mark scores dont mean anything. You can get low scores and the phone will be running good. Or you can get really high scores and the phone be laggy.

Upvote 0
You could try re installing the drivers on your pc, Ive had that happen after flashing a rom.

Also go to settings-connectivity and make sure you have the box checked and a default set, could have been changed with the rom install

Kinda funny, but I rebooted my computer and now it works. Thanks for the quick responses!

...To explain... I use Fedora, and since mass storage wasn't working I tried it under Windows. After the reboot it works on both!

Upvote 0
Three things.

1) True or false: The only significant difference between GingerSTEEM 1.0 and GingerSTEEM EXTREME is the kernal and theme.

2) On stock rom, The boot sound was located under the Power folder. It was named MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3....Where is it now? and what is it called?

3) After turning your phone on, It says "DROIIIIID" when the system loads. Where is this DROIIIID file located so I can edit it.

Upvote 0
Three things.

1) True or false: The only significant difference between GingerSTEEM 1.0 and GingerSTEEM EXTREME is the kernal and theme.

2) On stock rom, The boot sound was located under the Power folder. It was named MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3....Where is it now? and what is it called?

3) After turning your phone on, It says "DROIIIIID" when the system loads. Where is this DROIIIID file located so I can edit it.

True, same place as stock.

On the Extreme Its actually not the famous kind of annoying drrrroooid. The Extreme has the Droid Razr boot animation and GingerSteem has the Nexus' boot animation.

Here's a preview of the Razrs animation. (Minus the Motorola dual core splash screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSKTHwd_ZTs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Reactions: synergy7
Upvote 0
but seriously though, how about that video :)

Man, not tryin to b a ass, but no video.. The directions are very clear, as is the info all over our part of this forum. If you cant root, & install roms & kernels just from reading on this forum for general directions for a couple hrs, then you might not want to do these things to your phone. You can turn it into a paper weight really quick!
You got to learn this the way they set it up for the noobs to learn. Only took me a day..
Just follow the directions.& ask questions when u get stumped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones