• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] 1.6 w/root, barnacle wifi tether and take5 Final | Behold 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the link is dead. it says theres no file.. and to install the rom, do i have to install it from 1.6 stock rom? because i just put a rom straight to my phone. i came from 1.5 to 1.6 tweaked. is this bad or good. and i notice my battery seems to die a lot, how can i make this better. should i got to 1.6 stocked rom and then switch it to this rom?

Upvote 0
and one more thing, by having my phone being charged all the way and then letting it die completely and charging it fully without turning it on, what is it going to do? is it going to improve my battery life?

its battery conditioning which allows your battery to use all of its potential energy than stores that on the phone. You get better battery life if you charge it with it off but personally I just flash with a fully charged phone and let it drain to about 3% and charge it with it on and I get a long enough battery for me.

Upvote 0
i also noticed that when someone calls me, it just force closes. i cant answer or anything

I used to have that happen on the 1.6 tweaked, all you have to do is reset your phone and try to make a call, if it goes through with no force close than your phone should be good to go through the day. I haven't had a force close issue from bearsfan85's rom though, i'll post if i get one also well.

Upvote 0
just posted a new framework-res.apk has icons from froyo, I can't test it but let me know if the ADB icon has changed along with the battery icon, there is other stuff but not really noticeable.

I flashed to your rom from micro's V3. I pushed your updated framework-res.apk. I noticed a few icon changes (Market, Contacts) and battery icon change.

Reactions: bearsfan85
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones