• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] 1.6 w/root, barnacle wifi tether and take5 Final | Behold 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovery: 1. Turn the phone off.
2. Hold down the volume-down, green call button, and red end/power buttons all at once and hold them down until the phone says "RECOVERY MODE...." in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
3. The phone will look like its booting up, then you will have an exclamation point and a phone in the middle of the screen. Wait a few seconds, then press menu. ALL YOUR USER DATA/APPS WILL BE DELETED. The phone will reboot like a fresh install.

Reactions: bjs2000008
Upvote 0
Well, yes and no. You have a rooted kernal, so you can modify anything you want thru adb. However you do not have root for apps. This is the method I used to root when I first tested the rom. I have used it in every version, as well as the OTA Tweaked roms. It was originally posted by Nu11u5 on his thread for rooting the ota. This will write su to /system/xbin, as well as paste superuser 2.2.2 to /system/app. This will not hurt anything. In fact, I used it when I flashed to this rom, this morning ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones