• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][12-26-11]Stock Rooted ZVB Rom and Kernel

mtmichaelson

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2011
Antioch, TN
Here is the easiest way to return to stock Gingerbread from any rom and kernel. This is the stock system and boot.img.

What is this?
This is the ZVB stock system and boot.img. It is completely bloated and odexed. It will return you to stock, out of the box rom, but still rooted. To return to stock completely (ie stock recovery and unrooted) follow the steps after the install.

How do I install this?
1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
2.) Place zip in external sdcard
3.) Boot into Recovery
4.) I recommend to wipe data (ONLY DO IN RECOVERY!!!) to prevent any problems
5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
6.) Select StockZVBRom.zip
7.) Reboot

How do I completely return to stock?
1.) Follow the seven steps above
2.) Download and unzip Recovery All in One Package
3.) Click unroot.bat
4.) You are now completely stock!!!

Thanks
PlayfulGod for all the work we have gotten done together! It is nice having someone to bounce ideas with and work through the details!
All of the testers that have stuck by PG and myself through bricked devices and many, many hours of time that they could have spent elsewhere so that you all could see just the fruits of the labor

Donations
For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially, the link is down below and any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!

I installed the ROM the first time I got it and it worked perfectly. I installed again cause something happened and it installed but the bloatware wasn't removed and the kernel was the OEM (1,000GHZ) why is this?

this is for complete stock rom, like out of box state. Just download the recovery and the oc kernal and reflash.

Reactions: androiduser96
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones