• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

A question for Kenharky whenever you get back. About that vold modification you made, is that because you were having trouble with the emmc partition mounting or the external? I seem to be having an odd issue in my file browsers, with the paths "crisscrossing" so to say. like sometimes I'll open up the emmc path and I'll really be looking at the SDcard and sometimes the SDcard path will be showing the emmc. I'm thinking it might be a problem with emmc mounting, because when I open up ESfile managers root privileges it tells me that emmc is mounted as read only. I can mount it as R/W temporarily, but that seems to only last the duration of the apps run time. Did you experience anything like this?

Upvote 0
It appears that whatever is put in our APN file for Virgin Mobile is doing absolutely nothing because I just edited the crap out of it without anything happening.... Still on 1x, from my understanding, the APNs need to be correct for access to 3g

Edit: I don't know I tried all the different APNs, nothing worked

The problem can only be fixed in the source.

Reactions: DsyMnapTic
Upvote 0
The Data issue isn't specifically this device. I've read the same for the triumph and the one v... its a network issue and "IF" it is an apn issue all we need is an apnconfig.xml and the apns from a non problematic device and "maybe" we can sort this out. I can force evdo with *#*#info*#*# but it wont allow for incoming voice as cdma limitations require a drop to 1x for voice. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Source code.

I know what you meant by source, I was just hoping for a little more of an elaboration :):rolleyes:

Edit: I'm actually really digging the bluntness Phen, I know.. I know, I didn't edit the crap out of anything compared to you, but hey I felt like I was onto something... I could've been THE GUY that solved the data issue....:D

Upvote 0
I know what you meant by source, I was just hoping for a little more of an elaboration :):rolleyes:

Edit: I'm actually really digging the bluntness Phen, I know.. I know, I didn't edit the crap out of anything compared to you, but hey I felt like I was onto something... I could've been THE GUY that solved the data issue....:D

I'm not an expert so I really can't say but I think the ril is missing some stuff it needs and I just don't know what yet.

Upvote 0
This is gonna be awesome!!! I flashed it last night but.only kept it for an hour (can't live without my camera).

I had a weird sd issue, unless I'm missing something and this was the problem mentioned .. I didn't have any problems with it, either mounted or as mass storage, until after I flashed back to Sleipnir. Now my pc won't read it, but it's otherwise fine. Odds are that's just a Windows issue, since making me want to set my head on fire seems to be Windows 8's sole purpose.

Oh, and hi everybody, since I decided to stop lurking :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Attachments

• 2013-04-29-00-57-54.jpg
    2013-04-29-00-57-54.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
Well then of coarse you have EV-DO, the problem is not a network issue. It's within the CM rom

No, I've had 1X on every custom rom and throm we have. This is the first time I've had full evdo. Didn't mean to get off topic just was excited to have 3G lol. I also backed up the apns and apnconfig.xml so when my kid gets home from school I'm going to reflash CM9 and change them out for curiosities sake.

Upvote 0
On the whole I'd call this a Beta versus an Alpha its super stable and aside from the signal, camera( which is a kernel/driver issue likely) and the NFC which was a CM9 issue that effected tons of devices (google and you'll see what I mean). When I think "Alpha" I think it boots and maybe touch and sensors work lol. The dev deserves mad props for this initial release. Well done.

Reactions: _Darth_vaider_
Upvote 0
I had the problem too. I ended up going into setup, and setting the phone number and APN to 1111111111 and then activating the phone again (directions in the data issue sticky). Once I did that my phone connected to the 3G network.

BOb
Hey bob, What exactly do you mean by "Going into setup", could you be so kind as to explain it further to a total "noob" please lol...so I can try it for myself, I love this Rom & would love to be on 3G with it
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones