• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

Right, but how does the phone react to them? Does CM9 have better battery life than with Sleipnir? Are things smoother and does the phone perform better/quicker? Those are simple questions, lol.

Battery seems to be on par. No better no worse. It does have lag unless you set a couple settings. Performance is a bit better but probably just from the improvements to the android system from 2.x to 4.x and not the roms themselves

I'm not here right now. Trying to avoid going to the hospital lol

Reactions: Artine
Upvote 0
Having fun with Google now

Attachments

• 1365915418671.jpg
    1365915418671.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
I believe since CM9 is 4.x and before we had 2.x it may be that you need to format your sdcard using the CM ROM in order for it to work with the CM ROM. I had to do that on an old phone of mine I used to use and it had gingerbread. And when I went to 4.0 it had to be formatted to support the new system and everything. Idk why this is but that COULD be it for why sdcards are coming up as damaged. Are your files coming up on a card reader for a computer? Try switching back to another ROM and see if it still works then.

Also; anyone notice the random system files on the root of your external sdcard? I have an Evo V 4G now and I use a ROM called Negalite Blurom, and in the aroma installer for it, when your choosing the wipe options it mentions that you can choose to "Wipe old system SD files" and for all I know this could be the same thing that's needed for the CM ROM for the Elite. My ROM on the Evo and CM on the Elite are based on the same Android version. I've never had to select that option in the aroma installer tho because I've had no problems. But that could be because I've never upgraded to a new android version. :]

Upvote 0
Well i have used the Rom for a whole day and i have to say it is great and very snappy and smooth. The only problem is that when opening the app drawer after being in another app i get this lag . I am not sure if me playing with the rom did this or what. The only real system thing i have done so far is delete data from the opera mini browser(maybe that caused it?) I never noticed it before but maybe that because i wasn't looking for lag or delay at that time.

I guess it has to do with launcher not cache it so each time i open it it has to reload and the cache is delted after i open another app. Not complaining but just something i noticed that Andriod 2 based roms never had. Anyone elese noticing that. Its not bad buts its noticeable. i am not sure if the performance tab could help. Like i said i wouldn't really be tripping with it if the other parts weren't so smooth and snappy:)

Anyone having problems with Nandriod i Get some m5 mismach?

Oh we can use Google Now. Cool!

Upvote 0
So, anyone want to compare Sleipnir with CM9 (I'm assuming CM9 beats it, lol)?

I think sliepner overall had a better battery life, and I didn't even use the juice defender app and I was still getting awesome battery life! Like for instance I would be at a basketball court for around an hour playing music off the elite, and would only drop about 7-9% while cm9 drops 2 for berly going do settings and such lol

Reactions: Artine
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones