• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

so one thing i've noticed is that when i get a notification my soft keys don't light up anymore... it used to be when i got a sms or mms or someone left a voicemail the soft keys would flash... no go since installing cm9...

any clues? fixes?

thanks.

Use a 3rd part app because there is no native setting for this. I use flash notifications. It uses the led flash as a notification led but there are apps that let's you use your soft keys.

Reactions: zuul
Upvote 0
Well done Phenom, its running well and seems very stable so far. There is one thing I've noticed and that's the email bug (no visible text in the body of the email) in both the native app and Gmail. I have found K9 mail or Maildroid are good alternatives for the moment. Looking forward to a "Stable" label soon. Again, well done man.

That's a cm9 thing. Hope that's fixed in cm10.

Upvote 0
Great to have the camera working! I know I mentioned this before, but WiFi shuts down when BlueTooth is started. Still can get the 3g, but streaming is someone limited. I'll see if I can get a logcat, but not sure what will be needed to debug this.

Just tried this right now and wifi is working fine. It could be a hardware issue you are having. Is anyone else having this problem?

Upvote 0
Just tried this right now and wifi is working fine. It could be a hardware issue you are having. Is anyone else having this problem?

Could be a stereo BT issue on my end, I'll try my mono BT to see if WiFi goes away.

--
Edit: With a regular mono BT connection, it doesn't lose Wifi, but when streaming through a Stereo BT, it eventually shuts down WiFi, but continues to stream. Streaming Stereo BT with WiFi does work with the Sleipnir rom.

Upvote 0
this might have been covered elsewhere in the thread but is there a way to uninstall stock apps? like i want to get rid of superuser because i prefer supersu but the only option is disable and that conflicts when trying to install super su...

From what I remember when switching between the two (using a file explorer with root permissions) remove the apk from the system partition and delete the binary from system/xbin I believe, reboot and then install the market version. But Google the matter to be 100% certain.

Upvote 0
What's the issue you're having with video recording?

When I try and press the video icon it changes to the video page and says cannot connect to camera I'm on the 8/21/13 version but when I go into settings only the kernal version says August 12st the other 3 say August 20th I also have my phone dpiset to be a galaxy s4 and have the black ice cm9 theme do I need to flash the camera fix and is it normal for the wifi to be turned off and back on in order to use the wifi...sorry this is a lot thx!!!!

Upvote 0
so...

rom is awesome... but... still a few things that caused me to switch back to sleipnir...

radio: i only live about 4 blocks away from the tower and i live on the top floor in the corner of my building. i'm in a major metropolitan area... right downtown. i should always have 4 bars. in cm9 it's only 2-3 and if i go outside to ground level it drops to 1-2. also. data connection seems slow and/or is dropping frequently.

storage: followed your instructions exactly. in file manager can't see the external sd card. in system panel can't see the external sd card. when i installed total commander i could see the external sd card and manipulate the files. i thought it odd that the other two programs didn't recognize it.

battery: battery seems to be draining fast. and charging slow. also... in cm9 battery shows 20% in phone info but 55% in batter doctor... but in sleipnir shows 40% in both places? not sure what that's about.

apps. would like to be able to delete instead of disable apps. above mentioned superuser app issue would be an example of this.

these are just observations/opinions and not criticisms. i think the rom is awesome. if i had time to tweak everything and do some more testing i could probably use it as my daily driver. the look and feel is awesome... it seemed like it was just as fast as other rom's i've tried. no performance issues per say. no random reboots. no crashing. no freezes. the splash screen is ftmfw...

as i've mentioned before... i'm not a power user... so a lot of the behind the scenes performance stuff is probably lost on me... as an end user... i think it's almost there...

thanks again...

Upvote 0
this is fantastic you are like an android Jesus almost, my fav so far its actually improved my battery life strangely, speed is unbelievable, and now just about everything works. only thing ive noticed is some apps that constantly use a live connection(facebook,etc.) will force quit when switching in app tabs. livable though. great great job. *correction after recent the apps seem to be fine now, slower but working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones