• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

So i am doing better, i realized i was leaving an unnecessary space in the code in android terminal. so im entering "busybox md5sum /sdcard/part_13_cwm_9_22_17_32.bin " and it says applet not found, any ideas?

You should just use the noob installer to flash cwm with ease and way less risk to brick your phone

Upvote 0
do you have a link?
Sorry for the late reply. Here's a post taken from the CWM FAQ.

Method #1: giantpune's Noob Installer
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune
Its been over a month and I haven't seen any huge bugs mentioned. So today I whipped up a noob-friendly installer for the CWM. I don't have any screenshots, or instructions because its just 1 button. Download LGOE_NoobTool-debug-unaligned.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Requirements -
Its built against the latest Necessitas, so you'll need Ministro II from about Nov 22 or newer. If you have installed an older one, you can delete it and get the latest one from the market. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kde.necessitas.ministro . If you don't have access to the market, there's link to it here http://files.kde.org/necessitas/installer/release/Ministro II v8.9.2.apk . The CWM installer will spit out an error and catch fire if you try to use an old version.

This installer uses the backlight exploit. If you have a kernel where that bug has been fixed, this installer won't work.

As usual, its only been tested on my phone. I offer no warranties, use it at your own risk.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing that most people have already moved on to JB and ICS development is stagnant, but does anyone experience a white screen in some apps such as gmail, facebook, and eBay? For example, sometimes the main body of an email message will disappear after a split second, facebook "groups" don't appear, and eBay item descriptions appear blank (although other parts of the eBay app display fine).

I found fixes for the LG Optimus, this phone's predecessor:
forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/156640-rom-cold-ice-cm9-paranoid-android-ls670-11-20-zvd-basesband-alpha19.html
androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/629940-ics-cm9-vm670-problems.html

Do these fixes seem applicable for the Optimus Elite? Does anyone experience this white screen bug with JB roms?

Upvote 0
I'm guessing that most people have already moved on to JB and ICS development is stagnant, but does anyone experience a white screen in some apps such as gmail, facebook, and eBay? For example, sometimes the main body of an email message will disappear after a split second, facebook "groups" don't appear, and eBay item descriptions appear blank (although other parts of the eBay app display fine).

I found fixes for the LG Optimus, this phone's predecessor:
forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/156640-rom-cold-ice-cm9-paranoid-android-ls670-11-20-zvd-basesband-alpha19.html
androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/629940-ics-cm9-vm670-problems.html

Do these fixes seem applicable for the Optimus Elite? Does anyone experience this white screen bug with JB roms?

The white screen issue is fixed in jb ROMs. Plus it runs better than ICS.

Upvote 0
Always liked the Swype keyboard that came on the stock Elite. When I switched to this CM9 rom I bought Swype off the Play Store for $.99. The Swype I bought was bloated and used a lot of RAM. I believe this was due to the Dragon voice that came with it. The old Swype had voice also, but it was the one with the regular mic icon and did not use much ram. I did a search for older Swype's that was compatible with ICS. After trial and error I found that version 3.26.92.35548 is the way to go. It has the old mic icon, is super smooth and only uses 14 mb of ram.

This has decreased lag along with setting tweaks in Developer options. I have checked "Don't keep activities" and "Background process limit" set to "At most 1 process". In Performance I have CPU Governor set to Smartassv2 with CPU frequency set to Minimum 368 and Maximum 1401 mhz. My I/O Scheduler is set to Noop. Give these things a try and see if it improves your satisfaction with this rom as it did for me.

Upvote 0
There's 4.2.2 which is wayyyyyy better (made my elite as fast as a Ferrari) and 4.4.4 is sexy too

I agree that 4.2.2 is the fastest ROM for the Elite but there are 3 MAJOR bugs in 4.2.2 that make the phone a pain to use. See my comments in the thread there. The most stable ROM now is CM11 KK:
http://androidforums.com/elite-all-...nmod-11-virgin-mobile-sprint-6-27-2014-a.html

Don't forget to flash the patch. It has the Bluetooth fix.
Still some minor issues with KK but read the comments about the tweaks for battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones