• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.0.4][WIP] Super Helado

How do I access the task manager in 1.1a? LOL. No new bugs so far.

I removed the task manager because I don't think it's a good idea to use it to kill background apps. Just kill the apps you use from the recent apps screen.

I found that with this ROM I didn't have root access and couldn't get it

Odd, I currently have root. Did you do a full wipe when you flashed this ROM?

OK, contacts application is unstable. Don't know the cause. something .acore stopped working.

Weird, I'm not having that bug. Did you do a full wipe before installing this ROM?

Weird, I haven't had any problems with root access or the contacts app.

The messaging thread bug seems to be gone too.

That's good to hear. You cleared my doubts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you don't have to do a full wipe when upgrading from v1.0 but you may need to do it when coming from a different ROM.

Upvote 0
I removed the task manager because I don't think it's a good idea to use it to kill background apps. Just kill the apps you use from the recent apps screen.

Odd, I currently have root. Did you do a full wipe when you flashed this ROM?

Weird, I'm not having that bug. Did you do a full wipe before installing this ROM?

That's good to hear. You cleared my doubts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you don't have to do a full wipe when upgrading from v1.0 but you may need to do it when coming from a different ROM.

I came from v1 and dint do a full wipe. everything is working great for me.
except I prefer the font from v1

Upvote 0
I did. It may have something to do with the other applications I am running though. If that is the case, the app should be called WeChat. I used to to restore my contacts after the wipe, but it always dies half way through the process.

The process is called "android.process.acore". Also, this happens most frequently when I add or remove a contact.

Upvote 0
Ok, I deleted the storage and cache of contacts and contacts storage from the application settings. I tried reimporting my contacts and the problem came back. I had to delete the cache again and import contacts from my old phone. I think it might have been cause by corruption to one of the contacts.

Edit: Nope. It got better, but deleting contacts still cause it. Weird.

Upvote 0
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hello peoples! I present you with Super Stock ICS. Just what is Super Stock ICS?
Well, as the title may reveal, it's a ROM based on Complete Stock and it's a WIP (Work In Progress).
It features things from Android 4.0, 4.1, & 4.2. I hope y'all like this ROM.

Changelog:

v1.0
- Removed ALL Samung / VM Bloat
- Removed Google Apps
- Replaced Most TW Apps With Stock Apps
- Added Apps2Ext Support
- Added Beats Audio Mod
- Added Custom Bootanimation Mod
- Added JB Boot Animation
- Added Face Unlock
- Added JB 4.1 Fonts
- Theming Progress Is ~70%

v1.1a
- Fixed Wi-Fi Direct In Settings App
- Fixed Mobile Networks In Settings App
- Theming Progress Is ~80%
- Switched To TW SMS App
- Switched From JB 4.1 To JB 4.2 Fonts
- Added JB 4.2 System Sounds
- Added JB Transitions
- Added animania260's OC Kernel (Clocked @ 1.8 GHz by default)

v1.1b
- Plan To Theme Phone, Contacts, & Messaging Apps
- Fix More Bugs
- Still Working On It

Future Updates Include:
- Suggestions?

Bugs:
- You Can't View Gallery From Camera App
- You Tell Me

Screenshots: (v1.0)

Installation Instructions:
1.) Download The File
2.) Put File In Your SD Card
3.) Boot To CWM Recovery
4.) Make A Backup (Optional But Recommended)
5.) Format Data / Factory Reset (Optional But Recommended)
6.) Flash The File
7.) Reboot
8.) Success!

NOTE: On first boot, the boot animation may seem frozen after a couple of seconds but that's because the loop counter ended. Just let it boot. Also, be activated before you switch to this ROM because it doesn't come with the activation app.

Super Stock ICS v1.1a: Here
Extra Google Apps: Here
TouchWiz Apps: Coming Soon!

Big Thanks Goes To:
Dsixda - For His Android Kitchen
Croniccorey - For His A2SD++ Mod
...Awesome... - For His Beats Audio Mod
Anbech - For His Custom Bootanimation Mod
Tommert38 - For The JB Bootanimation
Yash98 - For The JB Transitions
animania260 - For The OC Kernel
The CM Team - For Making CM
Google - For Making Android
Samsung - For Making The Samsung Galaxy Reverb
Virgin Mobile USA - For Releasing The Samsung Galaxy Reverb

Hit "Thanks" or "Like" if you like this ROM.​

I think you should change the title name because it might confused other people that wants to go back to complete stock

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Can someone explain how exactly App2ext with this ROM works? I've repartitioned my SD card with a 5GB ext4 partition and I'm using Link2SD, but whenever I try to move an app to the SD card it tells me that I have insufficient storage space.

More on topic though, I'm excited for your next release of this ROM.

With A2SD++ (The App2Ext script I have in this ROM), it should move all of your apps from /data/app to /sdext/app automatically. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. I'm going to test it later.

In other news, I've updated the OP with updated google apps package and the touchwiz replacement package links. (Note: TW Apps are MB3 so I don't know how it will affect the ROM)

Reactions: siyangqiu
Upvote 0
Part of the problem may be because I have no /sdext directory. I only have /mnt/extSdCard referring to my FAT32 partition of my SD card. /sdcard seems to refer to internal memory.

I'm looking to have the same kind of functionality where I could move single apps to the SD card like CM does but moving all of my apps to the SD should work too.

Upvote 0
Hey, I've got this ROM installed on my Reverb (still working great BTW), and now Samsung/Virgin keeps trying to update - obviously the update is not working because the bloatware is removed and it's a custom ROM, but -

Is there a way to disable the OTA updates?:thinking:

On my old Droids I just froze the updater app with Titanium Backup but I can't which one to freeze now

I don't really care about the update, it's just getting annoying having my phone ask me if I want it all the time

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones