• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-17-12]Broken Out Connect 1.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Hey MT, got a question for ya ;)

after many attempts of trying to decompile the systemUI for this device i've come to the conclusion that i cant do it.. lol tried all the lil tricks i know, even got my hands on pure stock, de-odex'd it etc... still no luck :( so i was curious.. if you mind me using your rom & boot.img as base for a custom themed rom (#2) :D

seems your the only persom capable of getting a custom rom working on this device lol, so basically i just want to apply a theme and some build.prop & init.d tweaks for these kind & patient folks? :D thanks in advanced lol

Upvote 0
Hey MT, got a question for ya ;)

after many attempts of trying to decompile the systemUI for this device i've come to the conclusion that i cant do it.. lol tried all the lil tricks i know, even got my hands on pure stock, de-odex'd it etc... still no luck :( so i was curious.. if you mind me using your rom & boot.img as base for a custom themed rom (#2) :D

seems your the only persom capable of getting a custom rom working on this device lol, so basically i just want to apply a theme and some build.prop & init.d tweaks for these kind & patient folks? :D thanks in advanced lol

Lol he never really checks thisbthread :(

So are there bugs in this Rom? any other roms?

And Bluetooth and anything like siri are a no go

Upvote 0
Bluetooth works. The problem occurs when trying to pair with a new device. If your phone is already paired with a device (avhieved by pairing it under stock, backing up settings with TB or CMW, then importing the settings into BrokenOut), it works perfectly. The problem is with the pairing, therefore, not with all of the Bluetooth functionality, so there is a workaround, though a very annoying one.

Upvote 0
What'd you do? Lol

Bluetooth works. The problem occurs when trying to pair with a new device. If your phone is already paired with a device (avhieved by pairing it under stock, backing up settings with TB or CMW, then importing the settings into BrokenOut), it works perfectly. The problem is with the pairing, therefore, not with all of the Bluetooth functionality, so there is a workaround, though a very annoying one.

Didn't have that problem either. Paired a new device without any workaround.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones