• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-17-12]Broken Out Connect 1.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

I know mt doesn't check this topic often, but I would like to know if this rom is still being worked on. I've had the original copy of the rom on my sdcard and would like to know if i should re-download it.

Btw, I found a bug with the bluetooth when already connected. I have the jawbone jambox to play my music, when playing music while connected through bluetooth for more than 5 minutes the music starts to stutter then locks up the bluetooth itself. I can disconnect but can't reconnect unless I reflash the rom.

Upvote 0
Okay I read about some of the problems with this rom and I haven't cared about them so much.
I have however had trouble seeing the DARK GREY text on BLACK in the menu's on the phone. Completely bad contrast and is hard on my eyes. I see that some people are working on themes for this rom but I do not care for those looks. I just keep checking to see if someone can release this rom with better contrast in the system menu's.
Other than that, a very well done rom.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
hi ive tried to install cwm to install the custom rom but when i use the power button and down volume button it doesnt load into cwm the only way possible i have right now to get into it is to use rommanager. i want to be able to load into cwm without having to have a working rom incase something goes wrong during the installation process so i can still go back to stock and have a working phone.

Upvote 0
Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Rom for the LG Connect!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I am working on this blind as I do not have the device. If you have a problem, I have no way to recreate it, so the more info you can get me, the better the chance I can fix it. If it's visual, please supply a screenshot, if an app problem, I will need a logcat. I hope you all enjoy!!!
MT, I purchased my LG Connect about 2 weeks ago via MetroPCS, and I rooted it the same day with no problem. Now I want to try a custom ROM and yours sounds dope! I've never flashed any of my previous Droids (Huawei Ascend, LG Optimus), and the instructions seem simple, but incomplete. I'm sure for seasoned "Flashers" the instructions provided here are fine, but I need a play-by-play, step-by-step guide with nothing left out. For example, do I download to my PC and connect my phone to move the file to the external SDcard? If so, does USB debugging need to be on? Forgive my ignorance, but after dropping $300+ for my phone, I DO NO WANT to EFF IT UP. Thanks!

Upvote 0
MT, I purchased my LG Connect about 2 weeks ago via MetroPCS, and I rooted it the same day with no problem. Now I want to try a custom ROM and yours sounds dope! I've never flashed any of my previous Droids (Huawei Ascend, LG Optimus), and the instructions seem simple, but incomplete. I'm sure for seasoned "Flashers" the instructions provided here are fine, but I need a play-by-play, step-by-step guide with nothing left out. For example, do I download to my PC and connect my phone to move the file to the external SDcard? If so, does USB debugging need to be on? Forgive my ignorance, but after dropping $300+ for my phone, I DO NO WANT to EFF IT UP. Thanks!
downloading to the pc or from the phone is fine, long as you have a good connection (4G or wifi) and yup, debugging enabled and USB Mode set to Internet Connection.

;)

Reactions: RudeDroid
Upvote 0
downloading to the pc or from the phone is fine, long as you have a good connection (4G or wifi) and yup, debugging enabled and USB Mode set to Internet Connection.

;)
Done Deal- and operating smooth as butter only a few hours after flashing. My steps went a lil something like this:

1. I downloaded the .zip to my pc.
2. Downloaded ROM Manager to the Connect and flashed CWM.
3. Backed up ROM using CWM.
4. Backed up sys apps and desired user apps with TB.
5. Unmounted sdcard from Connect and placed it in a SD adapter and inserted it in my laptop's SD slot.
6. Copied the unzipped BrokenOutConnect1.0.zip file to the external sdcard.
7. Re-installed sdcard and opened RM and selected "Install ROM from SD Card".
8. Selected Wipe Data and Cache option when prompted (manually cleaned up Dalvik using TB).
9. Smiled as my Connect rebooted and successfully installed the BrokenOutConnect files.

NOTE: After unmounting the original sdcard, I inserted a second sdcard into the Connect and restored my current ROM backup to the 2nd card.

MT the ROM works great! Playful G thanks for your assistance as well. Connect owners, don't hesitate to try this ROM. Follow the instructions, backup and test your current ROM, as well as system and user apps, and VOILA-- droid magic!

Upvote 0
I can say that I like this rom though I find it odd, as it has rebooted more than it should be, I understand it happening every once and a while, like it did when I had my optimus, but the amount of times with this is a little much. What could be the cause? The only thing I have really done is set cpu profiles, get juice defender, and change the home screen launcher to adw.

Upvote 0
Thanks Playful-- sorry to be a brick, but I'd rather be one in this thread, versus turning my phone into one in real life. I'll post an update when I'm through. Also, thanks to all who have posted their experiences with this ROM. Your posts have been invaluable in helping me to understand the root and flash process more clearly.
Np glad you got er going ;)
LOVE LOVE LOVE THE NEW ROM! Any way to create a transparent status bar?
New??

Try the transparent status bar in rom toolbox... I'm not sure it's exactly what you are looking for but it works for me... background on notification dropdown doesn't change since that's a different line of code.
doesnt work, or at leasy it doesnt show the wallpaper thru it.

I can say that I like this rom though I find it odd, as it has rebooted more than it should be, I understand it happening every once and a while, like it did when I had my optimus, but the amount of times with this is a little much. What could be the cause? The only thing I have really done is set cpu profiles, get juice defender, and change the home screen launcher to adw.
what ya set the oc too???

I dont believe in Task killers n battery tender apps ;)

ADW shouldnt made any diff, negatively anyhow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones