• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]-[5/22/2010] Senseless v1.0 (Pure Vanilla 2.1 Rom!!!)

Framework43

Dec 26, 2009
Ok,
so this is the big stepping stone for the eris ;D
This is the first fully functional working Eris Vanilla Rom.[Senseless]
The difference between Senseless and CyanogenEris is that Senseless is pure vanilla straight from google's source. CyanogenEris is a Cyanogen's modiciations to make vanilla run faster. It is still in beta for the Eris.

Shout out to
irc.andirc.net #droideris

For getting this phone ****ing rooting and bringing more! ;D

CyanogenEris BETA
READ:
Yes, this is a beta of ol' grand CyanogenMod. It's sort of a beta as for now, but it runs great. Yes, I know it says sprint, be patient, I'll fix that tomorrow, I'm just to lazy now :p.The bugs right now are small. This is a very smooth rom and I'm working with Kaos on releasing an OC kernel. I'll probably also build a new kernel based on Cyanogen's kernels for other devices for better compatibility and speed. Its in the works ;D Enjoy!
Remember to download the Google Apps package for Market,etc. At stock it runs at about 3.5 MFLOPS. Can't wait till JIT and Overclock work ;D
Remember, this is a beta, there is much more to come.

Download CyanogenEris

Google Apps Package

Features:
- 3D Gallery
- 3G
- WiFi
- Bluetooth file transfer
- Network location
- Accelerometer
- GPS
- Market
- Camera

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SENSELESS v1.0

snap20100523000416.png
snap20100523000431.png
snap20100523000451.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

Features:
- 3D Gallery
- 3G
- WiFi
- Bluetooth file transfer
- Network location
- Accelerometer
- GPS
- Market
- Camera

Notes:
If you're tired and sick of that annoying "Verizon Wireless" text,
just take /data/eri.xml from the rom, open it,and edit the part that says "Verizon Wireless" to something of your choice. Push it back to /data/ and reboot.
Remember, this is an initial release, so not everything will work perfect.

Changelog:

Initial Release v1.0~
First fully functional pure vanilla rom!
OC/LWP/JIT patches coming soon :D

Known Issues:
GPS not working with satellites (Only working via Network )
3G Toggle
Multitouch in Browser
MMS Problems

Credits:
Kaos for getting a working kernel base done, but next time dude, make a wlan.ko for it :p
zifnab for letting me borrow the name XP
RaduG for compiling regular eclair, Darchstar for Cyanogen for Hero
jcase for being king.
Tu madre for last night ;)
All the devs that helped me with this, you know who you are...or do you? o_O

If you appreciate the hard work put into this,

flashing an oc patch over this breaks it as the kernels are different....

someone tried on IRC lastnnight

btw: thanks framework .... i know i said it last night, but this rom is bad ass

thats what i was thinking, me mentioned using kaos's kernel on xda. so the kernel is going to need to be remade for OC to work. probably for a2sd to be working too

amazing first release though, no doubt

Upvote 0
Yes. This ROM is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for when I decided to go root. I love simple, bloat-free, fast. It's actually amazing how good Google's vanilla stuff is compared with the OEM stuff (I like you, Sense, but you're pretty bloaty). I've had a lot of fun trying out the other ROMs that throw in all the bells and whistles, but once this ROM gets a little OC pick-me-up, I think I'll be set for good.

One minor quibble - is there a way to distinguish the two "Gallery" icons in the launcher? I never know which one I'm clicking on until it loads up. I'd actually prefer to uninstall the Nexus-like Gallery, at least until OC/JIT works so that my Eris is able to handle the animations better.

Still, way awesome for an early release. Kudos!

Upvote 0
So after flashing everything successfully, the beta, the 1.1 update with no wipe, and the google extras, I seem to be having some problems.

I wiped before the install of the rom, and did everything right. I had to flash the kernel for the screen because the touchscreen wasn't working, but now when I go to the marketplace, apps will download but then the installation will fail...Wil try a reboot but I doubt that it will help. Anyone else having this problem, don't really wanna dig through 50 pages...

At least I have a nand backup :cool:

Reboot didn't help, took screencaps. It fails installation after downloading, and then I can go back to the app, where the option to install is waiting, which fails...any ideas?

InstallationProblem.jpg

Upvote 0
So after flashing everything successfully, the beta, the 1.1 update with no wipe, and the google extras, I seem to be having some problems.

I wiped before the install of the rom, and did everything right. I had to flash the kernel for the screen because the touchscreen wasn't working, but now when I go to the marketplace, apps will download but then the installation will fail...Wil try a reboot but I doubt that it will help. Anyone else having this problem, don't really wanna dig through 50 pages...

At least I have a nand backup :cool:

Reboot didn't help, took screencaps. It fails installation after downloading, and then I can go back to the app, where the option to install is waiting, which fails...any ideas?

InstallationProblem.jpg

I am having the exact same problem and can't find a solution anywere. I think you cans et up a2sd but i dont want that, can anyone help please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones