• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-3-12]Broken Out Rom 2.0

thanks for this great ROM!

I flashed my wife's breakout last night and there is one issue I'm seeing: the native clock app crashes when an alarm goes off if the alarm has a ringtone associated with it. If the alarm is silent, everything works. I can go through the ringtone selection menu and test out the different tones so I know they're all present on the device. Also, I don't think ringtones for incoming calls are working either, but calls can be received.

anyone else seeing this? ideas?

Upvote 0
are you clicking install zip from card? it sounds like your picking install update from card. it will give you an error message if you try to install it as an update. delete all the downloads of it redownload the whole thing wipe data 3 times wipe cache 3 times go to advanced and wipe delvik 3 times go backbgo to install zip from sd card pick the breakout 2 rom you just downloaded click yes to install let it install then i always clear data cache and delvik 3 more times after it installs before i reboot.

Reactions: mdcasa
Upvote 0
if your using cwm recovery your options should be apply update from sd or install zip from sd. you want to install zip from sd. if your using stock recovery i believe the only option it gives you is appy update. follow the root and recovery method a post down make sure you got cwm recovery wipe 3 times data cache and delvik install the zip and like i said i wipe 3 more times all 3 to just be sure. ive never had a problem flashing a rom that way.

Upvote 0
also someome mentioned QQ launcher working better than adw on this rom and there right it does. QQ is easily the smoothest launcher there is and works great on any phone the only thing is it is very MIUIish. if you never used MIUI its either a love or hate thing there really is no middle ground. i personally am not a fan of MIUI but i do reccomend trying the launcher because it does run flawlessly.

Upvote 0
also someome mentioned QQ launcher working better than adw on this rom and there right it does. QQ is easily the smoothest launcher there is and works great on any phone the only thing is it is very MIUIish. if you never used MIUI its either a love or hate thing there really is no middle ground. i personally am not a fan of MIUI but i do reccomend trying the launcher because it does run flawlessly.

Yup it does.. I posted a link to the market page for it on the last page. I don't know why it works better on the breakout.. it just does

I am trying out regina launcher on it sometime soon.. I like it on my bionic.

Would the propmodder app be compatable with this rom?

Upvote 0
Everything has been running great with this rom, until this morning. On the way to work my phone started a nasty reboot cycle that I cannot stop. I've cleared the caches and done everything I can think of. Reinstalling the rom didn't fix the reboot loop either.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it?

-Thanks

Upvote 0
Everything has been running great with this rom, until this morning. On the way to work my phone started a nasty reboot cycle that I cannot stop. I've cleared the caches and done everything I can think of. Reinstalling the rom didn't fix the reboot loop either.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it?

-Thanks

When I got the bootloop issue I could get it to stop by rebooting the phone with the cable attached, and letting it re-charge before pulling the cable again..

Upvote 0
m having a Bluetooth issue as well. I'm running 2.0 also and anytime I turn Bluetooth on, my phone begins to slow up tremendously. Most times it restarts trying to connect to my Bluetooth headphones. I really want to connect my phone to my tablet so in can receive texts on my tablet. Is there any fix for this Bluetooth issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones