• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM 7-2] Kangerade V4.0.7 *Built from source, Huge list of features and themes*

There should be minor differences.. I used his latest version which didn't have that button for the launcher.

I noticed that the Google Search widget also isnt' themed like in the picture. I'll be going with another theme. The one in the picture was great looking, but this one is missing a few of those items that I liked.

Nice work as usual, JRummy.

Upvote 0
Absolutely nothing has synced on my phone with this release. I have this annoying tethering/hotspot active icon in the notification bar and when I try and configure it, it turns off my wifi. Gotta bail on this until things are sorted out - booo - was really looking forward to this release. Blue theme btw

Upvote 0
I briefly loaded the NexTang theme and noticed the same thing when I tried to enable WiFi. Just get a notification saying "tethering or hotspot active, touch to configure." All I want to do is use WiFi so I can download apps quicker.

I just rooted my wife's new Droid and it's in the process of flashing the Pink theme. I'll see if the same thing happens with this one. If so, I might have to go back to V1.1.

Upvote 0
Yep, just figured that out. But I don't like it there. Wish there was a way to get rid of that notification. Especially on my wife's phone. It shows up as a blue notification even though I just flashed the pink theme for her.

Ya it is kinda annoying, lol. I suppose for some it might be nice if they tether a lot to have it right there.

Anyone else find it to be glitchy like when you are wanting to press something? Setting up my home screen was a pain, lol, everytime I would long press the preview screens would come up instead of the menu to setup widgets and shortcuts. It felt weird throughout the whole phone tho not just the homescreen, I would have to press things 2 or 3x for it to register as a press. EDIT: It is a lot better now, I think the phone just had to get settled with the new ROM.

On the other hand tho the market is still funky as it has been on all the froyo ROMs except for one of the early NexFro builds. I thought this was going to be a keeper as I was able to download and install Titanium from the market without issues whatsoever. But now when I try to install something from the market it gets stuck on "installing", as it has before just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this? Also a new issue I've encountered is now I can't install apps that I have on my sdcard. It also never gets past the "installing" stage.

Upvote 0
On the other hand tho the market is still funky as it has been on all the froyo ROMs except for one of the early NexFro builds. I thought this was going to be a keeper as I was able to download and install Titanium from the market without issues whatsoever. But now when I try to install something from the market it gets stuck on "installing", as it has before just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this? Also a new issue I've encountered is now I can't install apps that I have on my sdcard. It also never gets past the "installing" stage.

I personally am not having any problems with the market on 3 phones. I had one force close...but that's about it. When I FIRST installed I was using one of the p3 kernels and it was feeling kind of sluggish...so I switched to a Chevy kernel (the 1.2 ultra low on my phone, 1ghz ultra low on the other 2) and it seems flawless. I mean, there are bound to be bugs in anything new...but it seems pretty smooth to me. I installed this morning and have been messing with it all day too!

Just thought I would pass that along.

Good luck! And thanks Jrummy for an excellent rom. I have tried so many of the other custom themed roms and they just feel so bulky and yours feels way more polished.

Upvote 0
JRummy made a little update for us to flash so we can get rid of that annoying WiFi hotspot that sticks around in the notification bar. You can find it here:

Small fix for kangerade 4.0.7 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Other than that little thing I've had no other issues with this ROM. I actually don't have it on my phone but on my wife's phone. But I'm thinking I'm going to try out the Nex-Tang theme again.

Reactions: shoyo
Upvote 0
I have to say, this ROM is amazingly stable. And fast. I loaded the pink theme on my wife's new Droid yesterday afternoon and, because she's not very tech savvy, left the speeds default kernel in there and set it to 600Mhz so she won't have to worry about temps or anything. But even at that speed the phone was quick. Her phone got a Linpack score of 11.208 and a Quadrant benchmark of 1091. And this was with SetCPU set to ondemand 250/600 with 5 homescreens and lots of widgets. I'm in the process of loading this ROM on my phone and I'd like to see the scores I get with the P3Droid 1.2Ghz kernel I always use.

Of course, when I tell her these things she doesn't care. All she says is "but it's pink, right?"

Excellent work, Mr. Rummy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones