• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] [8/20/2010] xtrSENSE4.0.6.1 [apps2sd,oc,jit,flash10]- HTC Sense

This ROM is fantastic! I was hesitant to leave PlainJane simply because everything was working fine aside from the occasional hiccup. But this is way faster and smoother. I can't get this phone to lag if I tried! Having the G-scripts and quickboot preloaded is super convenient. Everything works the way it should. Coming from someone who always felt their Eris ran rather well (no silent call bug, no 50% without signal, occasional lag, etc.), my phone is running better than I thought possible. My only regret was waiting to flash this ROM! Thanks Zach! Great work!

Upvote 0
I've installed XTR Sense, partitioned my SD card to activate appstosd and cachetosd which are both working great. I just did a search on Google Maps, clicked on the location but it would not let me call them with the little phone button. Thinking it might have just been an obscure location I searched for Starbucks and still the same result. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, is there a solution? Please help, this is very annoying.

Upvote 0
Just tried it and it seems to work for me. Tried rebooting?

Just rebooted and no change. I was able to add a "lab" which adds a little phone icon to the actual flag that pops up to indicate a search result on the map which worked fine but the fact that the "call" feature when you view the result details still doesn't work is irritating. What can I do? Its not an app that I can just uninstall and reinstall.

Upvote 0
I'll give it a shot...

e: feels sluggish coming off senseable. Ti backup is taking 10x longer than normal. I'll give it a week.

weird bug that I've only gotten on sense roms (notably this one and senseable) : the screen will *randomly* decide to select a menu item that I'm not touching.

ie: during google quicksetup it took 10 minutes to enter my password because every time it would let me type 3 letters and then randomly switch to a different input field, or if I'm not touching the screen at all different fields/buttons would light up green (like they're being pressed).

Upvote 0
Both worked for me. Got the keyboard and Flash is working. I like how the DroidX keyboard gives me the mic option for voice to text, but adding special characters is a little different. Might stick with the basic keyboard.

Unless anyone else has some cool keyboard options?

Here's one of the best keyboards... it's pretty much stock HTC with voice

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers

Upvote 0
I'll give it a shot...

e: feels sluggish coming off senseable. Ti backup is taking 10x longer than normal. I'll give it a week.

weird bug that I've only gotten on sense roms (notably this one and senseable) : the screen will *randomly* decide to select a menu item that I'm not touching.

ie: during google quicksetup it took 10 minutes to enter my password because every time it would let me type 3 letters and then randomly switch to a different input field, or if I'm not touching the screen at all different fields/buttons would light up green (like they're being pressed).

By any chance is your phone plugged in? If so, try unplugging it and see if the random selection stuff goes away.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm back on AF with what may be some more stupid questions.

I'll start off with the standard, "I'm thinking of..." statement. I'm thinking of flashing either xtrSENSE 4.0.6.1 or maybe Nonsensikal v4.4 Black. What plagues me are:
1. This xtrSENSE has flash 10.1 but does Nonsensikal? As Nonsensikal is a 2.2 ROM does it just come standard hence no reason to mention it?
2. If I went with xtrSENSE and decided to try the A2SD, would I really need to go the app back-up application, like Titanium, route or would a nandroid back-up and copying my SD card to my pc serve the same purpose?

I've been on Ivan's Official 1.0 for a while now and haven't heard anything about new ROM's (other than a 1.1 beta floating around somewhere) of his being released; Ivan's has served me well but I admit I'm getting an itchy clicker finger and maybe some "version envy". Everyone else's just seems bigger now.

Upvote 0
Pandora doesn't work with JIT enabled for more than a song or two without force closing. Otherwise, it seems pretty stable, except for an occasional random reboot, which seems to have gone away now that I've disabled it. I'm not sure I've really noticed enough of a difference with JIT enabled to justify the instability. It seems to work great without it.

Reactions: PiperCub49
Upvote 0
This is my first ROM that I've flashed so needless to say I've been very picky in choosing a ROM. This ROM is FANTASTIC for not only a new ROM user like myself but for anyone looking for a fast, stable, sense ROM. I didn't set up A2SD or JIT and this ROM still flies. Great job zach.xtr for a great, stable, everyday ROM. When I get paid on the 31st I'll be buying you a six pack, sir

Upvote 0
Pandora doesn't work with JIT enabled for more than a song or two without force closing. Otherwise, it seems pretty stable, except for an occasional random reboot, which seems to have gone away now that I've disabled it. I'm not sure I've really noticed enough of a difference with JIT enabled to justify the instability. It seems to work great without it.

I've had the random reboot since I put this rom on my phone. Ill disable JIT and see if that helps. My latest reboot was during a pandora session, so hopefully this is the problem. Previous to today, I didn't have pandora on my phone, so my other reboots must be from JIT, maybe...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones