• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ACS] Koni's ELITE Series I - (ES1 - 02/04/11) - Beauty, Say Hello To Speed!!!

frenchy714

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2010
East Tawas, MI
It's not a secret, I'm a Mikfroyo user. It's fast, responsive, boots up quickly, and blows every other sense ROM out the water (in my opinion) because of all his optimizations.....BUT, I'm not a fan of Mik's theming. When I came from Myn's, that's what I missed the most.....the endless mods and theming options available. And Koni's ELITE came along. All the optimizations and speed (Koni uses Mikfroyo's optimizations base for his ROM) of Mik's w/ awesome theming! I flashed it last night, and I'm impressed so far! Has anyone else flashed? If you're interested in flashing, here you go:

[ROM][ACS] Koni's ELITE Series I - (ES1 - 02/04/11) - Beauty, Say Hello To Speed!!! - xda-developers

I tried flashing the Calkulins FORMAT all zip and received an error "Amending scripting is no longer supported..it was necessary to remove yadiyadi ya...

The Elite zip worked. Any advice???

Yes, you must have Clockwork 3.0.0.x, which only supports edify (that being a newer update scripting language. It doesn't support amend, which is the older one. You have to flash Clockwork 2.6.0.1, which is backwards compatible, or flash any version of RA. If you have ROM manager, you should have the option to flash CW 2.6.0.1 at the top, or you can flash RA through the alternate recovery option. If you don't have ROM manager, you can install it, or you can flash a different recovery with one of these files. Once you do, you'll be able to flash the format all zip. That being said, you don't *have* to format all when switching ROMs. It's sometimes recommended depending on what you're going to/from. Also, if you flash the latest RA recovery (2.3), it now has the option to wipe /system and /boot, which was not possible before that (hence the need for the format all zip).

Reactions: Lyvewire
Upvote 0
Yes, you must have Clockwork 3.0.0.x, which only supports edify (that being a newer update scripting language. It doesn't support amend, which is the older one. You have to flash Clockwork 2.6.0.1, which is backwards compatible, or flash any version of RA. If you have ROM manager, you should have the option to flash CW 2.6.0.1 at the top, or you can flash RA through the alternate recovery option. If you don't have ROM manager, you can install it, or you can flash a different recovery with one of these files. Once you do, you'll be able to flash the format all zip. That being said, you don't *have* to format all when switching ROMs. It's sometimes recommended depending on what you're going to/from. Also, if you flash the latest RA recovery (2.3), it now has the option to wipe /system and /boot, which was not possible before that (hence the need for the format all zip).

Man your everywhere! It worked! I think you probably figured out this is the 2nd time I had an issue with the new orange Rom Manager (3.0) I think I need to stay away from that. Not planning on going to Cynagen anytime soon.

This ROM is worth the hype. Before I get too excited..Battery life and if anyone has changed to a kernel working for them which one are they using. I must have every kernel available on my card from "the battery chase" ...

Upvote 0
Man your everywhere! It worked! I think you probably figured out this is the 2nd time I had an issue with the new orange Rom Manager (3.0) I think I need to stay away from that. Not planning on going to Cynagen anytime soon.

This ROM is worth the hype. Before I get too excited..Battery life and if anyone has changed to a kernel working for them which one are they using. I must have every kernel available on my card from "the battery chase" ...

Yep, using the kernel in my sig and my battery drained 0% (I know it drained but it didn't move in percentage).

Upvote 0
Is all that free space you guys have with or without dalvik moved to /cache (or sdcard as the case may be)? I see in the xda thread that it does support a2sd (what doesn't these days?), but I see no mention of defaults (as in, do you have to move it yourself?).

I don't know if this entirely answers your question, but I didn't have to move it myself.

Upvote 0
Couple questions, does it have a themed swype? I dont do themed swypes lol.
Is the gingerbread 2.3 keyboard the default keyboard?
Are there any other launcher options? I like the default, but not enough.. (also, i like sms instead of internet)
And lastly, what exactly is calks 'Format All' that you have to do?

1) It sounds like it doesn't even have swype, but if you search the thread for it, somebody posted it. Just push it to /system/app. It shouldn't be themed.
2) No idea if the gingerbread keyboard is the default, but it says it's included, so it'll be extremely easy to select.
3) It says it comes with rosie settings, so you should be able to configure the launcher. Is that what you're asking?
4) Format All will format /system, /data, /cache, and /boot. Recovery normally can only wipe /data and /cache (and dalvik, but it's sort of redundant when wiping the other two since dalvik is stored on one of those two unless it's been moved to the sdcard). So, the format all zip is a much cleaner wipe, making sure the ROM is writing over a clean slate, and not another ROM. RA 2.3 now has the option to wipe /system and /boot, but the format all zip is still faster if you have it handy.

Upvote 0
Couple questions, does it have a themed swype? I dont do themed swypes lol.
Is the gingerbread 2.3 keyboard the default keyboard?
Are there any other launcher options? I like the default, but not enough.. (also, i like sms instead of internet)
And lastly, what exactly is calks 'Format All' that you have to do?

I found out last night Koni's doesn't come with Swype. I have the .apk file, installed it, and came across FC's. So I quickly uninstalled. I like Swype, but can do w/o, so it didn't bother me. Yes, the GB keyboard is default. As for the launcher options, you can manually change the Rosie settings to whatever you want. And lastly, you don't *have* to use calks format all when changing from ROM to ROM, it is recommended but with RA 2.3 out, you have that full wipe option, which does the same thing.

EDIT: Akazabam beat me to it!

Upvote 0
1) It sounds like it doesn't even have swype, but if you search the thread for it, somebody posted it. Just push it to /system/app. It shouldn't be themed.
2) No idea if the gingerbread keyboard is the default, but it says it's included, so it'll be extremely easy to select.
3) It says it comes with rosie settings, so you should be able to configure the launcher. Is that what you're asking?
4) Format All will format /system, /data, /cache, and /boot. Recovery normally can only wipe /data and /cache (and dalvik, but it's sort of redundant when wiping the other two since dalvik is stored on one of those two unless it's been moved to the sdcard). So, the format all zip is a much cleaner wipe, making sure the ROM is writing over a clean slate, and not another ROM. RA 2.3 now has the option to wipe /system and /boot, but the format all zip is still faster if you have it handy.

Thanks.
I was just wondering because i dont like the default keyboard and never use it anyway.
About the launcher, i wanted to know if i can flash different launchers, like on myns. I didnt much care for the launcher that is on there now.
And if that format all is ok to use every time before flashing a ROM, then i will go ahead and use it.

Upvote 0
Thanks.
I was just wondering because i dont like the default keyboard and never use it anyway.
About the launcher, i wanted to know if i can flash different launchers, like on myns. I didnt much care for the launcher that is on there now.
And if that format all is ok to use every time before flashing a ROM, then i will go ahead and use it.

I'm sure there will be different launchers available for this ROM soon. It's still fairly new, so I'd give it some time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones