• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Admired Monster 5.3 NOW WITH A STOCK KERNEL BUILD FOR PHONES THAT DONT TAKE OC KERNEL WELL

Gone about 2 hours now after flashing this ROM and still getting the 492 error. Can't update any apps or download any.

I've formatted my SD card, cleared data/cache for the Play Store, and cleared cache/dalvik-cache in recovery. All lead to the same result.

I like this ROM and want to keep trying it out but if I can't use the market, it's pretty useless. There has to be some cause for this and a solution. I had no problems while on Stock++ and now all the sudden I do have problems.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
what are the detailed steps you are taking to flash this rom?

Upvote 0
jlmcmahon, There are people on these forums who aren't quite as gifted as you at comprehending things, some are completely new to the android system and tech in general so please in the future refrain from posting that you're trying to get them off the boards because they complain or haven't gotten the hang of things yet. Thank you

Reactions: charssun
Upvote 0
for play store all i had to do was got to the manage apps, google play, and force stop, clear data and cache, rebooted phone and it worked fine. imo i think wiping, clearing, or formatting anything from cwm for this rom does more bad than good. all you should have to clear after booting into rom the first time is the google plays data/cache.

Right on:thumbup:
Worked like a charm!:D

Upvote 0
please upload the stock email app for the admire. Its the only one that plays well with MS exchange. the ones from my backs up doesn't work nor from other roms. please upload a working version of stock email apk. (not gmail)

Ill do it when I get home. Sorry I was just trying to save space. Btw the ones in your backups/ other stock based roms should work fine. You will need a root browser.

Upvote 0
I just flashed this rom today and it removed my 3g symbol and i couldnt call out but i could recieve calls n txts and i couldnt log in to google whats the reason for this?

its prolli the kernel you are using which is prolli the cm7 kernel, u need to flash stock++ to get the other oc kernel that works on this rom then flash this rom after flashing stock++

Upvote 0
its prolli the kernel you are using which is prolli the cm7 kernel, u need to flash stock++ to get the other oc kernel that works on this rom then flash this rom after flashing stock++

Not true. I really have no idea why you have to flash stock++ to get data working. I never had to do that. But this rom has the oc kernel baked into it.

Upvote 0
please upload the stock email app for the admire. Its the only one that plays well with MS exchange. the ones from my backs up doesn't work nor from other roms. please upload a working version of stock email apk. (not gmail)
i attached the email.apk
not sure if you know how to push thru adb, or if you have root explorer or anything equivalent to set permissions...sooo..
just put this in system/app
for permissisons check all three "Read" boxes, and and the first "Write" box. all other boxes unchecked. then install, then reboot.

Not true. I really have no idea why you have to flash stock++ to get data working. I never had to do that. But this rom has the oc kernel baked into it.
im curious about that too, just got home, gonna look into it for a minute

Attachments

• Email.apk
    940.6 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: lalo90
Upvote 0
ok here is the deal.... im at a loss now. so i flashed this to my girls phone and it works perfectly. i flashed to my phone had id for about 2 days and it started acting a bit buggy. i would get the fc buzzes and apps would shut down, so i decided to reflash. after wiping evrything i tried to reflash and it aborted. then tried to restore one of my many backup and they aborted as well. so then i tried using odin return to stock and start from scratch after phone reboots it gets stuck on samsung boot screen, it boot loops there. now i have no recovery and cant get it returned to stock.....any ideas???? btw i have work early tomorrow so i wont be able to check on here until about 4 pacific time pm me or give me your thoughts i need the help please. i cant return to metro due to the annoying yellow triangle so i have to fix on my own if i can even fix. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones