• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Alpha][4.0.4][FINAL]Android Open Kang Project Build 38

excellent ROM!! I actually feel it's a bit snappier than CM9 after one day of use. Is milestone 5 planning down the road?

Yeah, but I accidentally borked my build the other day so I'm going to have to start over. Which is fine, because I document all my changes that I make in order for it to boot.

Reactions: snail3
Upvote 0
This is a very snappy build. t's probably the most responsive ROM I've ever used on this phone, and I've tried almost all of them. My only issue with it is that it's a bit less stable than CM9 or AOSP. Sometimes the notification menu will glitch out and not update or just not render at all, and sometimes I get locked in Messaging. Overall it is still worth using as a DD, as long as you don't mind restarting once a day or so. I'm sure with Milestone 5 it will be a lot better.

Upvote 0
want to confirm if GPS works in this ROM. I can't seem to get a GPS lock, tried clean wipe, rebooted a few time and still doesn't work. I could get a GPS lock fairly quickly in CM9. Can anyone confirm if GPS works ok in AOKP?

I've heard there's some trouble with it. I'll look to see if I can fix it in the next release.

Reactions: snail3
Upvote 0
Gannon this is a great ROM.But I hate the lack of Wi-Fi tethering cause that is a must for me.I literally have to use it where I'm at cause we don't have broadband out here :(.Out side that I love it the unicorn is F-ing awesome cause it's a unicorn and it's pink!!!!Oh and one other thing,which I don't know if it's a reloaded thing or not,on the CM7 reloaded you can switch from CMDA/EVDO to CMDA only or EVDO only which REALLY helped with my 3G connection(went from no bars with 3G on the CMDA/EVDO to 2 bars when I switched to EVDO only)If you can add those two to the ROM then it will be so badass.

Reactions: rukin5197
Upvote 0
Alright I've just about fixed my build and right now am working on pushing all my changes to git, which is going to be very hard due to all the projects I'm handling right now..
It's all cause of massive brain size that you are doing so much.I wish I could do more to help out but I don't have the tools :(.At least I can help the new people.

Upvote 0
Its ok I was just curious. Thank u for everything I really appreciate all of your hard work your making my triumph rock :cool:
I think you mean OUR Triumph's rock :shakehands:

And I think I'm going to do some research and cherry picking later.I was thinking if I can find a phone that is 1.running ICS 2.Has the 2.6 build prop and 3. The same camera specs as our Triumph in theory if you can snag the camera apk it should work on the Triumph or am I just daydreaming lol.

Upvote 0

And I think I'm going to do some research and cherry picking later.I was thinking if I can find a phone that is 1.running ICS 2.Has the 2.6 build prop and 3. The same camera specs as our Triumph in theory if you can snag the camera apk it should work on the Triumph or am I just daydreaming lol.

Lol if it were that simple, our cameras would be working on our ICS ROMs already.

Upvote 0
Lol if it were that simple, our cameras would be working on our ICS ROMs already.
lol what I mean is that we know that our camera is android 2.2.2 based which is why work always has to be done on any rom to get the camera to work.What I'm saying is look for an ICS ROM for another phone with the same specs as our phone and that has the camera working,I was thinking of looking thru the Motorola phones that have ICS zip update files online to do a little testing with.

Upvote 0
lol what I mean is that we know that our camera is android 2.2.2 based which is why work always has to be done on any rom to get the camera to work.What I'm saying is look for an ICS ROM for another phone with the same specs as our phone and that has the camera working,I was thinking of looking thru the Motorola phones that have ICS zip update files online to do a little testing with.

Give it a shot man, any help on the ICS cams would be a plus :thumbup:

Upvote 0

well this phone isnt a motorola, its just rebranded, i believe its the Huawei x6, if im correct the issue is our 2.2.2 triumphs load and view the camera completely different then ICS would, so if u were to load the apk it may be a start, but then you would need to tweak and play around with it till it worked, and if i recall correctly even cm7 didnt have working cameras for awhile, tweaks and workarounds were needed to get it to run

just google Huawei x6 and youll see its for the most part the exact same phone lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones